Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Down By Ye Olde Mill Streame

The actual reunion was up at a cabin in Heber. It was beautiful up there, although the drive wasn't my favorite. They were doing some construction and some guy on a big construction vehicle backed into my sister's car. But the cabin itself was great, had lots of bedrooms with beds for two and in the basement a ton of bunkbeds for all the kids. Will slept okay, although I think he had a night terror the second night because he woke up screaming and would not be calmed. It took us about a half hour to get him calmed down, just by rocked and singing to him, poor little boy. Here is me and Will inside the cabin, with my brother and his nephew Charlie in the background. We totally coordinated our clothes on purpose.The kids spent the whole time running around, getting dirty, and making each other laugh and cry. They had a treasure hunt, hike, and crafts. Here they are after the treasure hunt eating their suckers and drinking their water guns. I'm glad that my family is doing the reunions because we always had reunions growing up and had some great times.
My sister-in-law Kristie blowing bubbles for the kids...I have a lot of pictures of her because she spent tons of time with all the kids! I have some great in-laws married to my siblings...they are all so nice and helpful.
Grandpa (my dad) with Will. Will could not get enough of being outside so everyone would take turns holding his hand and walking around with him.
Every evening we would gather together for something. The first night we did a family trivia game, the second night was a talent show, and the third night was a singalong and testimony meeting.
We saw this HUGE porcupine! He should have been on a Disney movie or something...seriously bigger than an average-sized dog.Carrying the paddle boat down to the bog...for how muddy it was, it really couldn't qualify as a pond, but the kids loved it.
My brother-in-law Scott holding his own with all the kids on the paddle boat
Will and Abbie getting strolled around by Kristie and I.

Undokai: The Japanese word for Field Day. This is a Hansen Family tradition, usually planned by my brother and his wife who do a great job thinking of different relays and games. Here are a few of the highlights...
Long Jump
Shot put
Javelin Throw
Croquet
Badminton

So where is Aaron? Oh yes, my sweet husband was holed up in our room the entire time studying his heart out. And today is his test day, so pray for him to do well! He's a really hard worker and it amazes me how hard he can study. So if any of you have questions about the human body, he can most likely answer them now!Here is the family picture...I know my immediate family is large! It was a great trip.

13 comments:

Grant and Stacy said...

That looks like so much fun! You have the greatest family! I'm glad Aaron's test is almost over so that you can have your hubby back for a little bit!

Brian said...

Finally, you noticed our clothes coordination!

How did you get those color foregrounds with the B&W backgrounds? Are you just awesome, or what?

Man, I am getting BALD!

Kent said...

Brian IS getting bald. Not really as much as me though. The shaved head didn't help.

Very awesome picture qual, Heidi. All the pictures looked very nice and I'm glad you've already posted about it. It's nice to get some current news. My reunion post will happen in October sometime, I'm guessing.

Lorana said...

Awesome. Looks like there are some babies on the way I didn't know about. But that's pretty normal these days among the cousins, right?

Sunnie said...

what a fun trip! i would love to take my girls up to stay at a cabing like that. and way to go aaron- he is a hard worker. i hope his test was great.

Pete said...

Dang, that is a lot of people. A lot of kids! We only had 18 at our reunion - it will take us 15 years to get to 50 (and that is assuming we can get to 6 kids per family, which might be a stretch).

Anyway, great pictures. I like the field day especially. And Charlie does look a lot like Kurt. Kudos to Neil's kids for wearing BYU attire.

Nate said...

That is a big family! Thanks for squeezing us in for breakfast this morning. I am sorry that you had to eat twice.
It was good seeing you guys!

mandy said...

I'm so glad I had a chance to see you before you left UT. It is always fun to talk with you!

JoEllen said...

Great post, Heidi. You had great pictures and a good summary of the event. I wish I had taken some pictures of my children swimming in the bog, fully clothed. Then of their clothes afterwards. Can you post the sports video? I think the boys would love it.

JoEllen said...

Oh and I have to say, I'm glad Froggy made it into the family picture. It would be incomplete w/o him.

Kirstie said...

looks likes such a fun family reunion!! i am sad you didn't post the craft you did as craft coordinator though!

Paula said...

Good post, Heidi!

phil said...

nice work on the pictures