(Note: this next part details my account of making the turkey, so you can skip this part, Kent.)
I bought a 15 pound turkey and make sure to defrost it starting Friday night (our dinner was today, on Sunday.) Then I bought an oven bag and a large aluminum foil turkey pan. To prepare the turkey, I unwrapped it and washed it. It was pretty weird washing the turkey, because as I lifted it up by the armpits and gently caressed the skin, I felt a weird sensation that I was washing a small child rather than a large dead bird. I patted it dry and salted, peppered, buttered, saged, and paprika'd it. Then I prepared the stuffing and stuffed it inside the turkey. I put the turkey in the bag and tied the bag close. Then I just baked it at 350 for 3 hours. And Aaron carved it beautifully. It was miraculous. It tasted great, was the perfect balance of moisture and dryness. I was so proud. Other people made other stuff, which tasted really good too and we were stuffed.
6 comments:
Props to you guys! I don't anticipate making my first turkey until I'm 30. I'm uber impressed.
It looks fantastic- you are a domestic goddess! :) You look pretty cute too! I love you tiny little belly!
Yeah, I guess you are fatter than I thought. I love your obesity, chubby! Happy preggers!
That looks really, really good. Man, I miss having Thanksgiving. This year Mom and this other lady are going to cook the vitals while some students will bring the not-so-vitals. Different, but exciting. Dad's having a talent show, too.
Hey, everybody! Stop looking at Heidi's blog and come look at my new post at mellificenttales.blogspot.com! Exclamation points!
Hey loserville, population you, when's your next blog entry? I'm sick of checking Kent's blog already. I've already read and re-read his latest post tschwice and I'm bored. Hurry up! I need jokes! More exclamation points!!!
Post a Comment