Friday, November 23, 2007

My Second Thanksgiving

Well as all of you know, yesterday was Thursday, November 22, which clearly means: Ralph's birthday. Oh yes, and Thanksgiving. This year we had it at Aaron's parent's new house at Thanksgiving Point. I don't think most of you were quite that festive. And I made the rolls, my first time. They worked out pretty well, except that I buttered them before I baked them, which made them not turn out quite as brown. So don't do that. But they still tasted great. I also made a delicious key lime pie, which Aaron begged me to make. And we brought some relishes, the the pickle jar delightfully spilled pickle juice in our back seat of our car. But dinner was good. There was me and Aaron, Aaron's parents, Johnny and Leah, Aaron's cousin Greg and his girlfriend, and his aunt Lisa and her ex-daughter-in-law Marina. Afterwards we took Monk Season 1 to Craig and Holly and visited them for awhile.
When we got home, Aaron was looking up the sales for the next day and then realized that CompUSA was having their sale that night. So thinking we were discovering a secret sale, we drove to CompUSA and saw a line of about 200 or more people waiting at the door, going in two at a time. We were so young and naive then. We also happened to see dozens of tents parked in front of Best Buy and Circuit City. So this morning we woke up at 6 am and drove to Circuit City, miraculously got in, and battled the crowds to discover that the stuff we wanted wasn't on sale anyway. I felt so faint at the store...it was so hot, crowded, and early. So we didn't buy anything and drove home and went to bed. And that was my last 24 hours.

3 comments:

Liesl said...

Well, hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Ours was pretty good! I love you both, and I can't wait to see you again.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I went shopping on Black Friday too. Kurt of course did not! I got some good deals, but I saw way way way to many people in their fugly pajamas.

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Your turkey looks great. You are moving on to real adulthood - taking on the biggies: the turkey and the rolls.
Great job!
P.S. When are you finding out if your baby is a he or a she?