Today was the first dreaded day back at school and work...sigh. I always feel that Sundays before the end of a break are ruined by the prospect of going back to work the next day. But fortunately I am feeling prepared for this week...which will be one of the craziest weeks of the year. I spent much of Friday and Saturday reading the biography of Philo T. Farnsworth, for all of you non-fans, he is the true inventor of television. So we have him to thank for the marvel of spending many lazy hours a day in front of the boob tube. It's a pretty depressing story, as you read it, because he had some of the worst fortune of any inventor I've read about. He was born in Indian Creek, UT, which is by Beaver and he was a Mormon. He moved to Idaho for most of his youth but then they moved to Provo and he went to one year of BYU. His father died during that time and he became very bitter and went inactive. The book didn't detail much of his activity in the church, so maybe someone can fill me in, but there was a part at the end that said he wanted to move back to Utah and be active in the Church, when he was old and gray. He died at 64. Anyway, I thought he was incredibly smart for someone so uneducated because he knew all about the science of electricity and later worked a lot with nuclear fusion. Ok, enough about him.
So this week Aaron and I have quite a lot to do: quizzes, papers, tests, etc. We only have two more full week of classes anyway (thank goodness) but the end of the week will be exciting. On Friday we hope to find out two very important things: 1) the sex of our baby and 2) if and where we get accepted to dental school. I'm kind of feeling that we won't really find out about dental school until next week because of mail delivery and such. But you never know. So be awaiting this exciting news people! And of course Aaron turns 25 on Saturday, Dec. 1st. You may mail all gifts and/or money to our Provo address.
3 comments:
Props to you, Heidi for reading your book over the break. I have yet to read mine. AHHHH!
I'm so with you on the Sunday nigh thing. I was dreading today...it was so hard to come back.
I'm so ready to find out what Baby Ferguson's sex is going to be! Um...girl!?
You looks so cute as a pregnant person! Congratulations!
So I just checked your blog to see if you had found out the sex of your baby. I guess I'll have to keep checking your blog. I actually enjoy reading it. I look forward to hearing where you will be going to school. Of course you know where I'm hoping for.
Post a Comment