Saturday, November 15, 2008

He's a maniac

Have you guys seen Over the Hedge? You know that part towards the end when the Squirrel drinks the Red Bull knock-off and is moving so fast that he seemingly freezes time? Well we've got a Squirrel on Red Bull in our house.

Will got my nasty cold last week and since he doesn't know how to clear his throat, all the lovely gunk in his throat has gone deep down there, close to being in his lungs. The PA said it was in his lungs, but Aaron said it probably really wasn't since that would be pneumonia. So whatever, I'm staying out of this one. Nevertheless, she prescribed something for Will, so we got him started on the medication to clear out his mucus.

Little did I know the side effects. Will is mimicking a wind-up toy that is wound up and ready to be put on the floor to take off. His hyperactivity is insane, it's like he's running a marathon. And it also causes insomnia, which means that our wonderful night sleeper is getting up several times a night, completely wide awake. It's not THAT bad, since once we finally let him cry himself to sleep at around 11 pm (there was no other way to get him to sleep) he slept until morning. Mostly it's just entertaining, since he's so hyper. He's happier than ever and laughs a lot more.


He seriously did this for like an hour straight.

12 comments:

mandy said...

Ohhhh! I really miss the lay on the floor and kick stage. Coming soon...the get up and get into EVERYTHING stage. Enjoy.

He is adorable and hope that he starts sleeping better soon!

Natalie said...

I haven't seen that movie, unfortunately. That is hilarious though. My nephew is always super active when he's sick as well.

Austin said...

that's too cute! looks like a future sport star or something. :)

Amy said...

I guess you can be thankful that Will is not running around being hyper! What in the world kind of medicine did they give you?
Your blog stalker story was was funny- I love how you word things with humor and I love the Darth Vader comic!
I went private too because of people from other countries viewing certain pages over and over- scary!

Tracie said...

That was really funny. He looked like he was trying to take off. Once he learns to move like that on his stomach he'll probably be all over the place.

Leah said...

I miss when Alex would lay down and do fun stuff like that! That is such a way cute video, he really does look like a wind-up toy! I wish I could enjoy Alex kicking back and relaxing on the floor! Lucky!!

I can only imagine what Will's insomnia is doing to you guys! I know that's has to be tough and hope things get back to normal soon!

Janae said...

You've gotta LOVE drugs! At least he's not crawling yet and getting into everything with all that energy. Hilarious!

Katie said...

How cute!!! Seriously, at least he just lays in one spot and isn't running around all over the place- yet at least!!

BrItTneEanN said...

Makes you wonder what he was thinking lol. That's cute :)

Lechelle said...

Hahaha! He totally reminds me of a wind up monkey that clangs cymbals together

Kent said...

I will admit that he is very cute. This is the blandest comment I have ever written.

Brian said...

Cute little guy.

I was looking for the link to Kent and Melanie's blog from yours, and finally found it under "Mel & Kunta." Kunta?! Where'd that come from?