I, as many of you are, am a blog stalker. I read tons of blogs of people who I don't know very well, but I DO, in fact, know them. But they might be people that I haven't seen since high school or friends of my siblings, but I am now confessing this because I just made a blogroll. So don't get weirded out if you see your own blog link on the list, because you know you do it too.
Next item on the agenda: I hate to have to do this, but I think we're going to make our blog private. I have been thinking about this for a long time since my counter has been hitting some abnormally high numbers. Finally, I added a map to see where some of these hits were coming from and it was a little freaky. I hate to think of some weirdo out there eyeing my little boy [Weirdos: this means you!] And I have had some random comments on my blog from time to time, so yes there are plenty of people who I don't know reading my blog. I fully expected this when I started my blog, since it wasn't private and was on the internet. I wanted old friends to be able to find my blog and stuff, which has happened. But the novelty has worn off, and I'm ready to make my life belong to just people I actually know.
So the point is, (collective sigh from my family) that you actually have to email me or leave a comment of your email address so I can invite you to read my blog. And I am encouraging all of you lurkers (who know me or my family) who read my blog to email me as well because I don't want to leave you out in the cold. Please accept my invitation, sign in, and continue leaving your comments on my blog! My email is hhferguson@gmail.com.
Thanks, and I apologize because I know this is a major pain.
12 comments:
Well, you have to do what you have to do. Sad for me because I won't be getting your updates via Google Reader, which also probably means I won't be checking as often, since I forget to check the private blogs. You should know, however, that computer servers put you elsewhere. So it doesn't always mean that the person viewing your blog is actually in that area. For example, Pete's office in Houston showed him coming out of CO.
add me to your list!
just use my normal email. i totally understand.
bobvilaschicken at hotmail dot com
i understand, i love your blog and it's not a whole lot of work to send you my email. :)
Ya know I've been up and down about going private too ever since I saw some weirdos looking at me over in like Iran. I def. don't blame you though.
add me! bfh@math.byu.edu
I'm actually considering going private as well. Add me. Totalbeverly@gmail.com
i'm a stalker and would like to continue to read ur blog. plz add me:
bhobama@ussenate.org
I completely understand - and I promise to check your blog just as often! Its so fun to watch Will growing up, especially since Charlie is right behind him. afdr3d at umkc.edu
Hello heidi, put me on listie list. katid.d.allen@gmail.com
My good buddy Dave and his family has a blog which his wife mostly writes. They made it private and I didn't get the invite, and I really don't know his wife that well, so I never asked for one. Now I have no idea what's going on in their lives. Just sayin'.
Post a Comment