Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whatsnoo

So I guess it's been a little while since I've blogged about what's happening in our actual lives. In truth, it has been kind of busy, but nothing that's too exciting. We're getting ready for our trip home for Thanksgiving and looking forward to seeing the snow and wearing winter clothes. I bought some things for Will that I'm excited to dress him in. One is a snow suit kind of like the one that kid wears on A Christmas Story.
Will has been up and down with his health...he's had a cold, hence the hyper-causing medicine. Then last night he woke up at about 10 crying and we couldn't soothe him for almost an hour, which has never happened. We didn't know what was wrong with him, thinking maybe he'd had a bad dream or maybe a headache or even maybe a sore throat. So we gave him some tylenol and Aaron gave him a blessing and he finally settled down. And was completely fine after that. No idea what was wrong.
In other news, he's eating a lot more solids and eating his little cracker/cereal treats like a pro, grasping them between his finger and thumb in the pincer grasp. We have to teach him 'no spitting' though because otherwise we both need a bath afterwards. But I think he's learning, he did much better today. He's also learning how to wave hello/goodbye. His bottom two teeth are completely up and are very cute. He's very ticklish, in the exact same places as me. So of course I torture him by pinning his arms up and digging into his armpits, much like my brothers did to me. He's confident with his sitting up, but still refuses to roll. I think he'll be a slow crawler. But most of the time he's pretty easy to take care of, plays well by himself, and is a lot more interested in us. I played the guitar for him the other day and he was delighted.
Speaking of guitar, I played the guitar today with my friend Tiffany. I haven't played with anyone in forever, and it's actually kind of hard to find people to play guitar with, despite the number of people who play the guitar. I'm married to someone who can play the guitar but we never play together because of various reasons. Anyway, it is nice to have someone to jam with now, so we're going to do it a lot more. Plus it's nice because she has a daughter (Will's girlfriend, remember?) so we just let them hang out while we hang out.
So I've been busy with pretty mundane stuff: visiting teaching, going to the gym, enrichment, grocery shopping, etc. One thing I'm trying to work on is food storage. It's actually a lot harder to do this than I thought. There are a lot of things that you need but don't keep that well. So I'm going to have to learn how to can, because apparently there are tons of things you can can. Like butter.
Aaron has been studying as usual but spending a lot of time watching NCIS and playing with Will. Our date nights have been pretty chill lately, although last weekend we went Christmas shopping, which is still fun because it's not super hectic yet. Other than that we're just enjoying the cooler weather (although today it was like 90 degrees) and looking forward to Thanksgiving break.

10 comments:

JoEllen said...

You can bottle butter?? Teach me! (when you learn, of course) Awesome you're jamming on the guitar. I've always wanted to play that instrument. In fact, I gave Mark one for his birthday one year, with lessons, even, but he was too busy to take the lessons so the guitar is in our closet, where it's always been. And what is NCIS?

Alice H said...

Wow I'm impressed with your soothing abilities! Only an hour of crying. Charlie has that beat by a lot - much to my dismay. Right now he's in his crib with the hair dryer in there with him going full blast (not pointed at him, don't worry) If I turn it off the wailing will start up again. I need to learn your secret.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at your panicky concern of Will crying for "almost an hour". Mom advising me of my extreme colic as a baby prepared me for non-stop crying of our kids. The days of Charlie crying nearly continuous for 8 straight consecutive hours are becoming less and less frequent! I still consider him a very happy baby. Probably because Alice deals with most of the crying.

Leah said...

Will is a cutie, and I love the picture of him at the end very adorable. Sitting up with confidence is so nice because I felt like things got a little easier and Alex was less dependent. And I love the waving thing we're teaching Alex to wave and it's so cute! Maybe Alex and Will can wave to each other when you come to visit!

mandy said...

Isn't it nice when they can pick up food by themselves? It gives you one more thing to entertain them with when you have to get things done.

Mady never rolled over but yet she figured out how to get around without it.

I love the pictures of Aaron with Will--too cute.

Katie Torriente: said...

Hey, it's always so fun to read your updates, you are such a good blogger. So, that will be fun to come up to Utah for Thanksgiving. We were planning to go to AZ, but we decided just to stay home instead, I'm a party pooper. Anyway, if you want to get lunch or something while you're in slc, call me, I'l love to see you!

Kent said...

I was looking forward to the cold chill of the New England winters so I could cuddle up next to our new fireplace in our warm house. Then it got really cold this week. The novelty wore out very quickly.

Anonymous said...

There was actually an article in the Deseret News just barely talking about things you should and should not can. One of the things they said that you should not can was butter (and bread). I didn't read the entire article and I don't remember the reason for why you shouldn't, though. I just remember them mentioning butter because I remember thinking to myself, "How strange!? People actually can butter?"

Melanie said...

We should probably put a little more effort into our food and emergency storage. Right now we just have an assortment of canned goods sitting down in the basement. Will gets cuter and cuter every day it seems.

Amy said...

ate when babies are so upset and nothing you do can make them feel better and you start feaking out because you start to worry that something is really wrong. Than k goodness for Tylenol and the priesthood!

Will looks so adorable in his sweater. I never wanted to live some place where it got cold, but after living on the face of the sun (AKA Mesquite) for the last 4 and a half years I would love to be cold somwhere!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!