Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Last Halloween Post For You To Read

Yes it's November and yes I couldn't be happier. November here means slightly cooler weather (high 80's), end of Halloween which I'm a little sick of now, and in three weeks is Thanksgiving vacation! A whole week of Aaron not doing homework but hanging out with us! But before we launch into November, I must finish up October with the last of our Halloween pictures.

Thursday night we went up to Scottsdale to attend the Arizona Dental Association's halloween party. It turned out to be a party in a parking lot with barbeque'd food, but we saw lots of friends, including one of Aaron's friends who goes to Midwestern dental school. We dressed Will up and wore our 'firefighter' costumes (a hat) to complement his dalmation costume. But the party had lots of good costumes, including a group of people who were dressed up as the game of Tetris, meaning they wore cardboard boxes in the shapes of the various pieces of Tetris.
On Friday we dressed Will-E up and took some cute pictures on the green green grass outside our door.
I tried putting some eyeliner on his nose and around his eye for the true dog costume affect, but of course he rubbed most of it off, including a little onto his upper lip, making him look like a little baby Hitler. Or should I say Wilhelm?
That evening we went to the ward trunkertreat/chili cookoff. I'd never been to one of these, and I think it's a pretty good way to do the trick or treating, especially for little kids since they don't have to walk very far in order to get maximum candy. So we dressed Will up again but unfortunately forgot the part of our costumes that makes it a costume. But that was fine with me since it was still pretty hot outside and the plastic hats made me even hotter.
Below is a picture of Will with this guy who had a Great Dane dressed as a dalmation. So, not really, but I thought the dog was a dalmation with all the spots, and apparently the guy, dressed as a firefighter, thought it would be a good idea as well. Note how Will and the dog are eyeing each other...And finally, I ended the evening by picking up a chocolately Will. Turns out he'd grabbed a Twix while sitting on my lap when I was holding the candy tin. I thought he'd be okay, since it was wrapped up and all, but he really goes to town on pretty much anything, so the chocolate didn't stand a chance. Fortunately there was no allergic reactions or anything.So we went home, put Will to bed, and watched "Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit." It's a hilarious and very cute movie, we recommend it.

And that's all about Halloween small.

10 comments:

mandy said...

He is a perfect little puppy and I love the firehat idea!

Rae said...

What a cute little dalmation! I love the eyeliner idea. Very adorable. What a great idea to dress up in the same "theme".

Amy said...

He looks so cute in his little dalmation costume!

Tracie said...

So cute. I love Will's costume. Great idea to dress all together.

Mrs. C. Robbins said...

Hi,
sounds to me like you guys had a fun halloween! I loved the costumes you guys dressed in. love ya!

Janelle said...

Will made a perfect puppy! Cute idea.

Leah said...

Wow, I feel like I've missed so much because I haven't had a chance to do anything with my computer.. I feel so lame for even bringing it! Will is SO cue as a puppy and I think he looks better as a puppy than a bear. =) Love the costume matching ideas and Harry Potter trailer ROCKS!

Kent said...

I've never done the trunk or treat thing but it seems like a good idea. Although nothing seems to replace the actual trick or treating. We got about 8 trick or treaters in our neighborhood, which seems low, but that's the most I've gotten in Massachusetts.

Austin said...

the. cutest. dalmatian. ever.

Natalie said...

That's so cute! I love the costume. Nice try with the spot over the eye. Kids will be kids.