As some of you may know (and if you've spent any time talking to me within the past year you probably do) I am dying to have a car of my own. And with the impending arrival of baby #2, I felt it was time to put the pressure on Aaron. So get a load of our NEW CAR!!
Obviously this is not a car. We checked out a few but decidedly ultimately it would be better to just wait until after dental school when we didn't have to pay with the added interest from student loans and could get the car we really wanted. So we went and got this snazzy bike for Aaron, who has been polishing it with a diaper and whispering loving words into the spokes. I figured that we should get him a bike he really likes so that he will be excited to ride it to school and back (and remember how much he loves it when it's 115 degrees outside). Meanwhile, I have been busy cleaning out disastrous post-vacation car and dreaming up all the new possibilities of having a car to myself (mostly). I can actually do my grocery shopping in the morning! And this works out well since Will has decided to stop sleeping in and be grumpy in the afternoon. And talk about grumpy! The other day he woke up from his nap and whined/cried for three hours straight, two of which were spent being schlepped around grocery shopping. But don't worry, I handled it perfectly, like a patient angelic mother. Actually it was more like me screaming at him and having a little nervous breakdown and giving myself a timeout when we got home. Not my best mothering moment.
Anyway, I'm mostly over my little cold and back to some extreme nesting. You'd think my house would be spotless, since I have been cleaning/organizing nonstop. But when you've got a busy husband and a toddler around, there is ALWAYS stuff to clean up.
6 comments:
Ooh- I love the nesting phase for some reason. It is weird. I can't wait until the cleaning and organizing bug hits me! I love the new car. Looks like it has great gas mileage!
Well, now Trent and Aaron can both join the bikeriders club. So glad that you will have a car now!
Congrats on the new wheels...always very exciting. I'm glad you're feeling better. I've had a nasty cold recently and it's no fun especially while trying to keep your kid from catching it.
Your last paragraph made me feel better about the mess I currently see all around me. I'm like always cleaning and you can't tell at all. And congrats on your new car!
Love the "car"!! I wish it was that easy to put ourselves in timeout. I would go there often just for some alone time!
Haha! I love your new car, it's such a sweet ride!!
Post a Comment