Sunday, January 31, 2010

Four Years Ago I Said Yes

I realized that January 28th was the 4-year mark of Aaron and my engagement. That was a rough week, 4 years ago. It started out with me getting the stomach flu, and Aaron got a nasty cold. Then, the day before we got engaged, Aaron took a weird combination of cold medicines and ended up needing to go to the hospital for an IV. He was there for a few hours, but felt much better so we were going to try to go to Salt Lake for his mission reunion. Well, since he was taking Stats at BYU, he had to turn in his weekly homework first. So we drive into BYU area at 5 pm, where the University Ave traffic is awful. I was driving, and the car in front of me slammed on its brakes so I slammed mine as well, and fortunately stopped before hitting him. But the car behind me wasn't watching at all and plunged right on into us, forcing us to be sandwiched in between the two cars. We were all fine, but spent the next several hours doing paperwork. I was just really relieved it wasn't my fault, although I felt bad for the guy who hit me, since his car was totaled. We went to dinner with the Perrys and Aaron's parents, and I just said to Aaron, "Can you just propose already!?" But he didn't want the day to be remembered like that, so he didn't.

The next day I did a remote for 101.9 The End, the last one I did for them. And I knew he was going to propose that night. He took me to Chef's Table in Provo and I could tell he was nervous. He had put rose petals and then about 9 dozen roses in my bedroom and bought me a beautiful new quad for an engagement present. And of course he got down on one knee and proposed. And life got infinitely better after that.Four years later...we have a big toddler boy and a little baby on the way. Life is kinda crazy that way.And I think it's funny that everytime there is a laundry basket of clean clothes to be folded, Will always drags it into the living room, pulls the clothes out and cuddles with them.

15 comments:

Pete said...

Nice story. Good pictures. Great blogging Heidi.

Sharon said...

Cuuuuuuute!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

You are pretty. That is all.

mandy said...

I had to double check with Adam to make sure but turns out we were engaged on January 28th, too. A few more years ago than you, though. (13!) Cute post and you do look gorgeous.

Rachel said...

Heidi, you look so cute prego! WIll is getting so big! we miss you next door neighbors! Hope all is still well! -Rach & Jonny and girls

Amy said...

Cute post! You really had a rough go right before you got engaged.

You do look cute pregnant.

Alice H said...

Happy engagement anniversary! And that is really cute about Will and the laundry. Charlie only has an interest in the dirty clothes...not as cute.

Holly said...

Cute pictures & fun story. Funny--I was already planning on posting about our engagement story when I saw yours. Great minds think alike, right? :) Oh, and thank you for your ideas and telling me about your etsy shop. Your onesies that you posted about are adorable!!!

Brian said...

"Will you just propose already!?" - funny.

Erickson Family said...

Don’t mind me… I’m just a blog stalker!! I am an old friend from Whittier. Just thought I would add a little comment. What a beautiful family you have! Congratulations on your new up coming bundle of joy! Also, please tell Aaron that the Sullivan’s say hello.

Tracie said...

I remember all the complications you guys had in getting engaged.

I second what others said. You look fantastic. Really pretty. The preggo belly just adds to that. :)

Tiffany said...

heidi, you are so popular

Natalie said...

What? How did I miss that you're pregnant? Congrats! You look so cute. And we were engaged on January 27th. It's funny that so many people get engaged that time of year. Looks like life is going well for you guys in Mesa!

Kirstie said...

you look so cute pregnant! i remember putting all of those roses together with libbie and my friends!

kurt said...

12 years ago I said "yes, doc, give me the appendectomy."