Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Camera Cord is Lost

So you will have to wait for pictures. Shucks.

Meanwhile, I am thrilled about the start of a new year. Something that is AWESOME about living in Arizona is that each year starts out with the most beautiful weather ever, rather than dismal, snowy, cold, and dead days. It makes me all the more encouraged with my new year's resolutions, and I am impressed with myself thus far (two days in, really, since we just got back on Sunday night.)

Objective: To Become An Adult
Goals: Early to bed, early to rise. Exercise and eat healthy. Be on time. Stay in budget. Etc.

Progress:
-I have gone to bed at 11 pm for two nights in a row. That's got to be a record.
-I have woken up when Aaron does for two mornings in a row....seriously amazing since I was dying to sleep in.
-I exercised on Monday and am so sore that I am counting all my cleaning/grocery shopping/cooking as my workout today.
-Eating healthy has been virtually nil, but I blame that on the lack of food in the house (grocery shopping today, remember?) We have been living off fast food and Christmas candy. The good news is that eating healthy will be a welcome change.

Okay so really it's too early to report on new year's resolutions, but I am feeling confident about them this year. I feel really motivated. You know what helps? I read books every night that encourage these goals. Books on having a celestial marriage, being a good mom, health, finances, etc. And of course the scriptures. These books always remind me of the person I want to be and give me ideas to accomplish my goals. Some people don't make new year's resolutions, but they are important to me. Goals in general are important to me. If I don't have a constant goal I'm trying to achieve, I don't do well. I have goals for the next three months and then new goals for after this new baby is born.

Anyway, I know you are all so sad not to hear all about our fabulous Christmas vacation, so I will have to locate that camera cord.

3 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I agree! Goals are so super important, and making New Year's resolutions is one of my favorite things to do. Your goals are great- and good for you enhancing the goal by reading motivational material!

Paula said...

I like goals too if I can figure out a way to make them work in my life without requiring too much amazing self-control.

Brian said...

That was an inspiring post. Congrats on making your goals! I think the main thing is consistency, so just keep reading those inspirational books, and they'll help establish the consistency. I should probably read more books like that myself...