Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shoes! Your shoes are...comfortable.

Wow, today was busy. Got up, made breakfast for one VERY impatient little boy (and the rest of us) and the rest of the day followed: fold laundry, clean bathrooms, workout, give Aaron haircut, shower, go to Pinewood Derby, grab dinner, go to Walmart, bathe child, read to child, force child to go to bed, collapse on couch and think vaguely that today MIGHT be the day that I blog.

This week was kind of strange. It rained. And rained and rained and rained. That is seriously out of the ordinary for Arizona, although I know lots of other states got all kinds of precipitation. But in Arizona, when it gets really really cloudy you might think, 'hey maybe it will rain!" but really, no. It rarely follows through. We do get summer monsoons, which are cool, but that is kind of an anomaly. Anyway, it was pretty poor timing because Aaron did not ride his bike to school at all this week. Which follows a week of him rarely riding because of tests, tests, tests and no sleep. So even though he has this great bike now, we have not gotten use out of it like we intended.

AND that also means I stayed in all week long. I made the mistake of going grocery shopping on MLK day, thinking that since Aaron was home with Will, it would be more enjoyable. Well apparently everyone else in the greater metro area had the same thought and decided to collectively cram themselves into each store. It was SO obnoxiously crowded, I thought I was Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. I decided to go to the self checkout to 'save time' waiting in a 'shorter' line, but those things are so particular about scanning and heaven forbid having something in the bagging area that you didn't scan (I bring my own bags) that it was just a nightmare. Everyone in line behind me kept letting out heavy sighs and eventually moving to another line, making me feel awesome.

In other news, all the staying in gave me time to make these amazing onesies. They were really fun to make and if I hadn't run out of onesies I would have kept going. I think I might try to sell them in my Etsy shop, what do you think? Would you buy them?

In an attempt to entertain Will, we made red velvet cupcakes one afternoon. Will had a blast licking the bowl and afterwards kind of looked like he'd murdered someone.

8 comments:

kurt said...

No, I wouldn't buy any of those onesies, but only because I've never bought a onesie in my entire life. Alice, on the other hand, might.

mandy said...

I have no immediate plans to birth anyone needing a onesie but those are super cute.

Emily said...

1. I also hate those self checkout lanes. They never fail to malfunction for me.
2. Yes, the onesies are adorable!

Marie said...

Such cute onsies, I LOVE the monkey one! What fun mom you are to let Will lick the bowl. I always loved that as a kid, I guess I should let Dylon try it some day!

Amy said...

We got rain too- it was so cool!
I love those onesies! You should totally sell them. I have a friend who goes to boutiques and asks if they will sell her stuff. I think she has had success in three kid's boutiques.

Self check out is not fun!

Brian said...

Caught red-handed. (HA! Get it?!)

Kristie H. said...

Those are very cute onsies. I'd get one.

Trisha said...

Hey Girl! I forgot, when are you due??? Oh by the way, I LOVE the onesies, and you should totally sell them! And you need to check my blog! There's a surprise on there!