Friday, October 26, 2007

"Knife-wrench! For kids!"

This post is just to vent a little. I hate it when people at my work use my computer! Technically it's not MY computer, but I've never had to to share it before this semester. Ah, I think back to the days when I could come to work and see all my stuff exactly as I left it, strewn across the desk in my normal organized fashion. And not to mention how wonderful it was to know that the very occasional sticky mess on the mouse was my doing. But those days are no more. Now I have to come to work and find that my computer was not shut down the night before and all the person's programs are still up and running and they've left all their stuff un-neatly piled on top of my piles and I have to look at their ugly water bottle. And the worst part is that they sticky up the mouse and it's just sick to wonder just exactly what is that thing! And the fact that my post-its on the computer have gone from 'Please, dear sweet other users, be as so kind as to shut down the computer at the end of the night, you know, if it's convenient for you" to "Shut down this $@& computer or death!" *Note, I don't actually swear, but that reads "dollar sign-at symbol-and sign". Ah...ok that's all about that.

Here's a new game I'm starting with my blog: Anyone who can recognize my quote (the title of the post) gets 5 points and a slap on the back. Make sure to leave a comment bragging about your quote-recognizing skills.

Also, Kent you are SO hilarious but my baby is way cuter than your little shrimp-like thing.

5 comments:

Tracie said...

I hate sharing a computer as well. I get my own laptop and desk at work so it's all good. I'll be the first to identify this quote: the Janitor on Scrubs.

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Oh great now everyone knows it. Well from now on, just say you know it without saying what it is and that will be just great.

Anonymous said...

It's the Janitor from Scrubs.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I AM hilarious. Thanks for noticing. I enjoyed your venting, that's what blogs are for, I think.

Anonymous said...

OK- I knew it was the Janitor from Scrubs- but just to prove that I am not copying off of all the previous comments, I will mention that my husband tried to make a pen straw the other day- it worked quite well, but our Cola tasted like ink as well. Must be a bad brand.