So we just got back from out 3 day trip to Las Vegas for Aaron's first dental school interview. It was really nice to be able to spend some time together even though it was a pretty busy trip. We stayed in the New York New York hotel room in probably the nicest hotel room we've ever had. This was like our honeymoon done RIGHT. No cigarette smoke being pumped into our non-smoking room. Plus it had a hot tub right in the room. We ate at some really nice cool restaurants. One suprise I also got was getting a phone call from Dad. He called using Skype from his computer and scared me to death that someone had died in the family because why else would Dad call? Haha. But everything was fine, he just wanted to test his Skype. Anyway, Aaron's interview went really well too. He felt pretty good about the whole thing except the student interview in which the student asked him all the questions she wasn't supposed to ask (personal questions) and then spent 15 minutes telling him how he doesn't have a chance of getting in unless he has a connection. So she was annoying. But other than that, Aaron really liked UNLV and felt like it would be a good fit for him. He has three more interviews this month and hopefully we'll get some more invitations now that the other schools have finally started going through applications. Here are some pictures from our trip:



This was my fancy caprese salad. I was not expecting this. Below is our chocolate raspberry dessert.


The view of our room from the parking garage. It's sideways and I don't want to fix it, so just turn your head.
3 comments:
I'm glad things went well! UNLV sounds like a great place; I have a really good friend whose husband just started Dental School there last year and they love it!
Um...hello caprese salad! That looks amazing. Was that balsamic around the salad! Yum!
I missed ya at work this week.
We had a similar experience in Vegas for dental school interview. Helaman had some power-tripping student jerk interview him there. But we had fun on the rest of the trip!
Super positive feedback!! I love your boring pictures of food!!
I'm such a jerk.
Post a Comment