Some people love Canadian Geese, some think they are beautiful. And I have to say they would be to me too, if I wasn't so afraid of them. These guys, in person, terrify me. My heart races just as I anticipate passing them on the path. Kind of like the way a girl would feel walking down a lonely alley and passing a gang of thugs. Which is what the geese resemble, all hanging around each other just looking for some poor soul to attack. So when I ran past them today, the biggest of of the bunch was strutting around the grass near the sidewalk, looking tall and scary, and I kept thinking, "Don't make eye contact..." and jogged past without even looking at it. I keep peeking out the window to see if they're gone. On a sadder note, a duck in our lake had babies and so for awhile we had 9 little ducklings quacking around and they were SO cute. But now there are only 2 and I think that the little hoodlums around here (of which there are a LOT) have been killing them by throwing rocks at them. I hope that Heavenly Father holds them accountable for that because that is NOT okay! I feel sick just thinking about it.
And speaking of SICK...Will picked a great time to get sick (poor boy). Well, I guess he could have been sick ON his birthday which would have been worse, but I've been kind of stressing that he wouldn't be better for his party which I've already put a lot of effort into. So it started out as a cough and congestion but he would be up all night coughing and not sleeping so I finally decided to take him to the doctor. And I went to a new doctor since our old dr.'s office would only ever let us see the PA (which is fine, but not for his primary physician, and this PA always said things that conflicted with what my doctor said.) Finally I asked "Where is Dr. Abella?" and they said, "She doesn't work here anymore." Apparently she hadn't worked there for MONTHS and I was just now finding out.So I switched to a new doctor, which is a gamble when you don't know the area very well. The pluses, it was very quick and the medical assisstants were nice. Also the medicine he prescribed seems to be working quickly. The minuses...my new doctor is a WEIRDO. He storms in, wearing ultra tight jeans and a polo shirt, about probably 250 lbs and middle aged. He talked REALLY loud, quickly, and rarely let me get in a word. And he said "Okay??" after everything he said. "You need to keep him upright at ALL TIMES, okay??? You need to have a humidifier in the room, Okay???" And when I mentioned that a past doctor had prescribed Albuterol for Will's cough he said furiously, "That IDIOT!! We've known for YEARS that doesn't work!" I kept laughing silently to myself and thinking, "I can't wait to blog about this guy!" He diagnosed Will with an ear infection, wrote down a few prescriptions and then blew outta there as quickly as he came in. The whole visit took less than 5 minutes. Tracking down the perscriptions, however, took me an hour and half. But they seem to be working because he has already improved drastically. So should I keep going to this guy? I'm not sure. But I am glad that Will is getting better. He has been so sad and miserable the last few days.
Monday was my first cake decorating class. I am planning on doing all 4 month-long courses, and getting so excited about it. I bought a big cake decorating kit (for 50% off, love the coupons) and have been pouring over the books and dreaming of the day when I can make a beautiful sugar flower. I'm pretty nervous to start because I have very little cake decorating experience, so by the way, don't expect much for Will's birthday cake! But there will be some cool cake pictures coming up in the future. The only problem is...how do I dispose of the cake? I don't particularly want to eat a ton of cake and aaron doesn't even like cake. Maybe I'll start having cake parties.
Tune in sometime in the future for my blogs on the Enrichment RS Birthday Party, Will's Birthday Party, and Easter. It's a busy week.
7 comments:
I bet people in your ward would love it if you dropped cakes off at their homes! Have you seen the video on my facebook of the geese attacking my kids? It's pretty funny, and I suppose scary!
Geese are frightening. In the Philippines, they would chase my mom and her companion.
I had no idea that geese scared you. I've never found fowl to be frightening. That's sad about the duckies. I hope they're okay.
I'm glad you found a doctor that gave you advice that seems to be working. But yeah he does sound weird. So is it worth it? You'll have to decide. At least you'll get amusing stories from that guy.
I agree with the first comment. Drop the cake off at random people's houses. Nobody will pass up free cake.
I can't believe Will is turning one already. That is just crazy.
One day you will be running around the lake and see the hoodlums with their rocks. A giant goose will run past you and start attacking said hoodlums, biting noses and butts. Then the giant goose will sit beside you and become your new best friend.
I'm glad you are getting into cakes, they are fun.
If you feel like you can be aggressive enough to stand up to your dr when you need to (to disagree or ask extra questions)then I say you keep him. You can always switch later.
God had better hold all those dipwads responsible for killing the ducks, as well as all the dipwads who kill cats in a sadistic way. It's wrong.
Your doctor sounds like a cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Dad.
Kent's description of the doc is pretty good. I'd say keep him. Think of all the great stories you'll be able to tell!
You shoulda yelled at the hoodlums!
Post a Comment