It's been a pretty busy last couple of days. Ups and downs.
Ups:
1. Visited the zoo with my friend Kristina and her kids
2. Bought new supplies for all my upcoming projects
3. Finished making Will's birthday party invitations
4. Made and ate a lot of junk food (not the fondant yet, I'm doing that tomorrow)
5. Read "Princess Academy" by Shannon Hale and really enjoyed it.
6. Discovered that listening to the Harry Potter audio books makes doing household chores a lot more enjoyable.
7. Signed up for a cake decorating course starting this Monday
8. Watched Saturday GC and only fell asleep for one of the talks!
Downs:
1. Will, while at Hobby Lobby, got into all the tiny little beads and spilled them everywhere. Resulted in one angry mom dumping her child off at home with dad and resuming her shopping.
2. Will came down with a fever and a cough
3. Ate Taco Bell and got violently ill afterwards. Strangely (or maybe not so strange) the last time I ate it was a year and a half ago and I immediately threw it up. No more Taco Bell for me.
4. Went to a LOT of stores and spent a lot of dough on boring stuff like toilet paper ("That's a lot of toilet paper. Do you ever leave the bathroom?")
So that's the reader's digest version of the last few days. Now it's been awhile since we've had a really good Will post, and I'm sure you all have been missing him.

Will is the true dentist's son. He loves chewing on his toothbrush. Unfortunately this also means that he drags it all over our carpets, getting dirt and muck on the brush.

Will loves apples. He doesn't like them chopped into little baby pieces. He likes the whole apple. I discovered this one day when I was eating an apple and he sat in my lap and just took it from me. He was really good at eating it too, just holding it and biting it. Now he loves eating the whole apple so much that we were at Sprouts Farmer's Market the other day and I was picking up some apples and unbeknownst to me, Will had grabbed his own apple was already going to town on it.

I confess that I put Will inside this box to see how he would like playing in it. But he wasn't in a very good mood at the time so the fun was short-lived.

I took this picture because if you look closely at his diaper, you might notice something weird. I bought a bunch of flat wooden shapes and velcroed them to the front of his dresser drawers. He loves to pull them off but did not notice that one had tagged along for the ride. How embarrassing.

I peeked in on his nap one day and looked around for his froggy, because he frequently throws him overboard. But upon closer inspection, I noticed he was sleeping with his froggy cuddled in his arms.
His birthday is a week away and I am a little sad that he is not even resembling my baby anymore. He is a little smartie and understand a lot of what we say (even though he totally ignores us when we say 'no pinching!' and 'no biting!') The other day I told him something was hot and blew on it to cool it down and when he took it to eat, he said 'otttt!' and blew on it first.
The PHX Zoo: Thursday I went with my friend Kristina to the Phoenix Zoo. I love zoos, although I don't really know why. It's just fun to be able to do something different and seeing animals from all over the world is cool to me. Something I liked about the PHX zoo was that they made it pretty open and natural, so it was easy to imagine that you were actually in the African Savanna or something.

When you first walk into the zoo entrance, you go over this big bridge with a river filled with little turtles, ducks, Canadian Geese, and Koi.


Kristina and her oldest daughter, Malia

Kristina's son Ethan. He skinned his knee within the first ten minutes of the excursion and did not let us forget about it the rest of the time. He limped all around the zoo, whining and walking very far behind us. Kristina said to me, "Sometimes I just want to say 'Suck it up, kid!'" But kids will do anything for a band-aid. I used to hurt myself on purpose just so I could get a bandaid.

Will was really good the whole time we were there, which was actually only a couple of hours. At one point he almost crawled completely out of his stroller (no mere umbrella stroller, by the way.) But he was so happy in the big stroller, it really made me wish we'd taken it to Vegas.

Cool lions. They were apparently raised in a house, a regular house, for the illegal pet trade.

This rhino had the most bored look of all time on his face. I imagined hearing Stanley's voice, "I do NOT think that is funny."
And NOW I'm done.
10 comments:
You once put a band-aid on your forehead because you had a headache. I hated wimpy Heidi. Now I miss her.
I can't wait to see the results of your cake decorating class. I'm sure you'll make beautiful cakes. We have toothbrushes all over our house because Mads owns about a dozen and scatters them everywhere. Also, I've been known to tell my kids to suck it up--is that bad parenting?
I just recently learned that a group of rhinos is called a "crash of rhinos". Makes sense.
I love the zoo! I also love Taco Bell, so I will try to forgive you for spreading nasty rumors about them. . .
how fun! That kid of yours is adorable. It's amazing and sad that they get so big and smart.
Oh my word I read Princess Academy last week too. That is weird. Also I had an unfortunate experience with Taco Bell while pregnant so I am with you on that. Kurt has declared we're going there for dinner tonight...we will see. And another also, Will is CUTE!
Eh! (Obligatory comment upon seeing Lions and Rhinos)
You sure do love your kid. And well you should. Do I get an invite to his party?
will is just too cute. and that is so funny about the toothbrush. i am sure aaron is so proud!
p.s. can you invite me on my other email address because i started a blog! kirstiecorbett@gmail.com
fun pics from the zoo- i love the zoo. it's always so relaxing to me. i can't wait to see pics from will's bday. 1 year old bdays are always so much fun! and i liked "princess academy" also. shannon hale has written some good books.
Eh!
Brian already did it, but I have to do it, too. It's in my blood.
Thanks for the Will update. I get cranky if I don't get my regular dosage of William.
Post a Comment