I am graduating finally in two months! It's strange because I have been working towards this for the last 6 years, but I most likely won't be able to go to the ceremony (you know, due to having a baby) so what will be the official ending to my schooling? Getting a piece of paper in the mail. So here is some memories on my part:
Top 10 Things I Will Miss About BYU (in no particular order)
1. The freedom of being a student
2. Having a very strong Church presence
3. Being taught by some of the smartest professors
4. Walking around on the clean and pretty campus
5. The amazing opportunity to go to devotionals (which I don't go to, but if I did, they'd be great.)
6. The freedom to have intellectual or religious discussions with people
7. The strong student wards
8. How BYU is very on top of shoveling snow
9. The opportunity to take lots of different classes and learn
10. Making friends in classes
Top 10 Things I Will NOT Miss About BYU
1. All the people who live in Provo and consistently say how much they hate it
2. Administration Bureaucracy at my work
3. Doing homework
4. Aaron's continual problems with professors and their weird grading systems
5. Trying to park...anywhere
6. Hiking up the hill every single day
7. The mobs of students between classes
8. The TAs who think they know everything
9. Wearing dress pants to work
10. How BYU won't pave the rest of that southeast parking lot at BYU...it's weird! One half is asphalt, the other is dirt.
3 comments:
So I thought it was interesting that you ranked BYU's snow-removing prowess above making friends in classes. I predict that when you move away, you'll also be grateful that:
You attended such a straight-laced university (no wild parties, alcohol or sleeping around).
You got to be close to family while going to school...with Dad right there on campus.
You got to attend in a beautiful environment- Utah is gorgeous!
Great lists. I agree with almost everything there. I would add to your list of things to miss: the mountains (which you have had all your life, but for us southerners, they are pretty awesome) and the dollar movie theater.
When I was a senior I was sick and tired of school and never wanted to go to school again. Not because of BYU, but I just hated sitting in class wiling away the hours just so I could have my stupid degree. By that point, I learned a good amount about a good amount, I had a job, and it was time to move on. People kept on telling me how much I would miss school when I was working every day!
Now it's almost 3 years later, I STILL prefer work to school. I learn a lot more at work than I do at school, I get paid about 20 times as much, and when I go home at night, I can do whatever I want and not have to worry about studying. It's great. It's true I don't have as much free time, but I still have plenty on the weekends and after work.
Here's to not being in school!
Post a Comment