So I'm feeling a little guilty about revealing the Valentine's Story because I want everyone to know that my husband really is a great guy...he works very hard for our family and is very good at showing his love and appreciation for me. Telling that story was a small example of me doing what I do best...sticking my foot in my mouth. Anyone who knows me well, knows this is something I have struggled with my whole life! I always say things that either offend or embarrass other people without meaning to. Classic example:
***Seventh Grade: It was election time, which of course means that everyone had their posters up saying things like "Chews Alex" written in gum or whatever. It was after school, and most everyone had left, but me and my friend Tracie were taking our time looking at all the election posters. There was another girl there, who we both didn't know, but that didn't stop us from stating our opinions, particularly me. I saw this one poster that wasn't as "artistic" as the others and I said, "I'm not voting for this person, look how ugly their poster is." Let it be know that this is not how I still base my voting decisions. Well, lo and behold, the unknown girl standing next to me said, very meekly, "That's my poster." Well folks, there was NO way of recovering from that one. "Uh...it's not ugly..I meant that, it just didn't catch my eye in the same way..." That was probably the worst one for me. Thankfully this girl was very nice and we actually became friends later. But what a horrible way to meet. FYI, she was also the principle's daughter.
Moral of the story: Ignore everything I say...because if it offends you, I didn't mean it.
Also: This is a urgent plea to all of you who haven't updated your blog in at least a week. I get so depressed when I click on a blog link and see the same thing I've seen for DAYS.
8 comments:
Thanks Heidi for making me feel better. I have the same problem. I'll have to work on that...
In the many years I've known you, I've gotten to know you well enough to know that you never mean to offend. :) It just happens sometime. But then again everybody puts their foot in their mouth at one time or another.
But if you hadn't totally offended that girl in the hallway, you wouldn't have that great story to tell us.
Don't worry - I've never been offended by anything you have said (but we really have only averaged a conversation once every two years or so).
Thanks for being such a good blogger. I will try to keep my blogs fresh.
What a terrible post. I hate this blog.
that previous comment was meant as irony. this actually is my favorite blog written by a married woman living in Utah. and that's the tooth!
I'll be sure not to update as soon as possible. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment