Thursday, February 7, 2008

Prediction: I never see you or your dog again.

What is wrong with people? It seems like lately all we've encountered are people who are not doing the job we're paying them to do. So last Christmas Eve as we were driving home, you may recall that we hit a piece of ice and then something started dragging on the bottom of our car. Aaron and his father kindly spent a portion of Christmas Day in the snow trying to get underneath the car to find out what the problem was--well there's this piece of plastic on the bottom of the car that protects, something. I'm not really sure what it does actually. Well it was hanging down and broken. So Aaron's dad bent it back up just so we could drive and have the chance to take it into Josh Carter, our wonderful trustworthy mechanic who sometimes does little things for free for me, like change my burned out headlight. Anyway, no problems for awhile. Except for the dang snow. The snow got built up inside of the plastic thingy and pushed it back down so it started dragging again, worse than ever. We finally got it over to Carter's Body Shop where his partner Adam looked at it. He told us that there is no way that a piece of ice alone could have destroyed the plastic part on the car. What really happened is that 2 years ago, Aaron and I were in a car accident, and the people who repaired the car were putting the plastic part back on and didn't have a few of the necessary bolts to attach it properly so instead decided to skip getting the right bolts and use a few pieces of plastic zip line to attach it. Great. Not to mention that they also didn't really attach the back bumper on correctly because Aaron can see that it's getting a little loose again and our trunk leaks. Grrrr.... So we are going back to this place to see if they will pay for the part, which doesn't seem likely.
The other thing I'm irritated about is that Aaron just received his second laptop this month (he ordered the first one a few weeks ago and it didn't work well so he sent it back.) Well he ended up paying about 700 dollars more for this one and it still doesn't work!! What is the deal, people. Why do we keep getting shoddy craftsmanship? All I can say is, no wonder we don't trust people very much.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Nice Seinfeld quote - I couldn't place it at first, because that is from a pretty old episode that I haven't seen in a while.

Tough luck on the car and computer. Sometimes people just take short cuts. It's annoying, but if I think about it too much, it puts me in a really foul mood, so I try not to dwell on getting ripped off sometimes.