It's February 3rd now and I guess I should officially announce that yes, we ARE going to Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health (not in any way affiliated with ASU, people.) Aaron has paid his $1000 non-refundable deposit to them, so I better hope we don't go somewhere else. The plan is to move to AZ after the fourth of July since Aaron's school starts July 21st. When I first found out how early his school starts it was a bit of an adjustment to the slap-in-the-face reality that for the first time in my life, I will be moving out of Utah and so soon too. But I quickly adjusted because I'm very pliable, if pliable is the word I want. I have spent many hours on the internet researching various apartment complexes and rental houses near the school, but it's hard to get a real feeling for each place, so we're driving down at the beginning of March to check it out firsthand.
In other news, I have been getting kind of excited for Valentine's Day. It's funny because the things that I love the most about V-day is not the romantic aspect, it's more the hearts and sugar cookies and candy and valentines. It brings out my girlish cut-and-paste side. I really wanted to make sugar cookies and decorate them but I didn't want to eat them all or deliver them to people because that's SO much work and it's cold. So I will wait for another year to do that. It's also funny because I always think back to me and Aaron's first Valentine's Day, which was only 2 years ago, but still it was funny to think of how badly it bombed. We got engaged on January 28th and Aaron had given me about 9 dozen roses on that day. So we decided that we wouldn't do anything for Valentine's Day because we had just had such a great engagement day. Well, being the typical girl that I am, I went ahead and planned to do something to surprise him anyway, while he, being the typical guy, took our plan to not do anything for each other seriously and DIDN'T plan anything. Well, Valentine's Day comes around and I did this thing involving construction paper hearts around his room, rose petals, candy, etc. Aaron loved it but then I secretly start feeling sad that he really didn't do anything for me! So I start sulking and then he comes up with a fold-in-half-twice-computer-paper card and said he'd burn me a CD I'd wanted. But the worst part is that he misspelled my name on the card! My future husband misspelled my name. (For all of you who know Aaron well, he is a HORRIBLE speller, so I forgive him now). Anyways, it was quite a tragic day, but Aaron made it up for me the next year when he worked so hard to make me a delicious dinner and bought me TWO cards and made sure to spell my name right.
Now here's my question: What was your worst Valentine's Day?
5 comments:
Congrats on going to Arizona, Hiedi! I'm really excited for you both.
I love it- something to hold over his head forever! Anytime you want/need anything, you can just throw a little "Well, you did misspell my name that one time. . ." and you are sure to get no protestation! Oh- and 2003 was my worst Valentines Day.
Great post Hidee. My worst Valentine was last year or the year previous when I came home late from work and we watched "Pride and Prejudice" (at least it was the 2-hour, rather than the 6-hour version). I kept getting emails from work, but I was actully happy to get away from that movie to respond to them.
Congratulations about Arizona! I've never been there but I hear its very very warm. My Mom used to have a funny Arizona shirt with a picture of two skeletons baking in the sun with one of them saying "Yes, but its DRY heat." (I didn't say it was a super funny shirt) So no more snow for you!
It's not a real Valentine's day if it goes well.
That being said, I must say that I haven't had a real Valentine's day since I met Tracie.
Gonna miss you guys!
Post a Comment