Thank you all for putting up with my TA rant. In exploring all my emotions, let's move from rage to depression. Ok, so it's not really depression, but every year about this time or earlier I get the winter blues. Christmas is over and all we're left with is the cold and ice. And this year more snow than I can ever remember! It seems to have snowed every day this last week and what makes it more frustrating is that our landlord doesn't ever shovel or even put salt on our driveways, parking spots, or sidewalks. There have been several occasions with spinning tires stuck in the snow just to GET OUT OF THE PARKING LOT. It's better when I'm on the streets. And let me say, it's not fun to be 7 months pregnant and spending 10 minutes each day unburying my car from a mound of snow. At least I don't have to commute very far though because our bishop got caught behind this 5-hour car pileup (thank goodness not IN).


Yes, that is a car.

Anyway, my winter blues seem a bit worse this year because of all the aches and pains of pregnancy and having to walk up the BYU hill every day is a HUGE chore. I have a specific special way I go just to pace myself more. It's also hard because I know how much is going to change in April: spring, school ends forEVER!!, I graduate, I have a baby...etc. And then later move to Arizona and have my husband start dental school. This is just a huge year and I'm getting antsy for it to get going. So I just have to find ways to make the next two months go by faster...any ideas?
6 comments:
So you are going to AZ for sure?
I think they said they would hold out for the colder, more miserable winters of Boston.
That wasn't a car. That was a Transformer that the amazing Sarah Connor the Terminator totally demolished! With her bare hands!
In terms of ideas for passing time, I've found computer games pass the time very quickly, especially games like Civilization or other games that can last 20 hours at a time.
I suggest hanging out with friends. Like, for instance, Tracie and Austin. :)
Don't wish it away, you'll never have these moments again. Believe it or not, you will really miss Utah at some point in the future. Probably not the snow, though (I don't!)
Post a Comment