Monday, January 7, 2008

The Bloggie Awards

Welcome to the first annual Bloggie awards, sponsored, brought to you by, hosted by, and produced by me. Truthfully I was expecting a better voting turnout, but we'll have to make do because I'm sick of waiting around. The program will go as follows: no special guest hosts, no special tributes, no guest bands, no nothing. Just awards. This will be a two-minute read rather than a four hour event. And the awards are:

1. Most diverse: HEIDI
2. Funniest: KENT
3. Most frequently updated: HEIDI
4. Most political: PETE
5. Most personality: KENT
6. Most attractive: CHRISTINA
7. Best pictures: KENT
8. Best extra features: LIESL
9. Most improved: LIESL
10. Most comments: HEIDI
11. Most family-friendly: CHRISTINA
12. Most posts about their child: CHRISTINA
13. Most controversial: PETE'S GREAT IDEAS
14. Most infrequently updated: JOELLEN

Let me just say a special congratulations to Christina for winning three awards! And of course Kent, since otherwise he'll whine and complain to me for not publicly recognizing his awesomeness.

Up next, HOUSE. Everyone watch Hugh Laurie as a jerk drug addict but genius doctor/cripple who torments everyone he comes into contact with. Pure hilarity!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats to you too Heidi - 3 awards!

House is a great show.

Pete said...

I would like to thank my computer, without which none of this would be possible. I would also like to thank those who have commented on my blogs, for making me feel like I am not just talking to myself.

Seriously though, it looks like voting was limited to Broadbents and Hansens. I suppose that we all read other blogs but it is hard to vote for them since no one else reads them. Too bad our extended family does not have more blogs - 45 grandkids and only 6 (7 if you are generous and count JoEllen's) stinking blogs? Outrageous!

Austin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Austin said...

This was rigged! RIGGED, I tells ya!

Oh well. Congratulations to the winners. It was some fight.

I'm glad to see the Bloggies were awarded, even though the WGA Strike won't let the ceremony go on.

Kent said...

I, too, am disappointed at the lack of blogs in the Broadbent family. Especially because we are so nerdy and family-oriented...which are the 2 qualifying traits of bloggers.

Liesl said...

Yay.... I have nothing else to say.