Ok, so I'm so much of an blogging addict that I can't wait any longer to post a new entry. But keep making those Bloggies nominations people! I will wait about a week longer for nominations and then start the official voting process.
Aaron and I started off our year by accomplishing five 'finallys' in a few days. These are things we've been meaning to do forever and finally got around to it. It was awesome. Here they are:
1. We went to IKEA.
2. We defrosted the freezer.
3. We did a real session at the SLC temple.
4. We saw the Joseph Smith movie at the JS Memorial Building. The 'J-Mem.'
5. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory.
Now many of you might be thinking these are a little lame, but hey, IKEA was a really big deal for us small-town folk. We bought lots of stuff for our kid including a very cheap but durable dresser which still makes me happy to think about. I want to go home right now and caress it. The freezer was amazing because I, for once, didn't have to defrost it! I made Aaron do it because it's a huge job and I'm pregnant and therefore very weak. Also it was definitely his turn. The temple was awesome of course, a little weird to have the live actors and stuff, but the rooms were beautiful. And Aaron kept me after for like 45 minutes explaining lots of things about symbols and whatnot. He's been VERY into that stuff lately, as many of you know. But I have to admit that knowing all that stuff made going to the temple this time very interesting...I learned a lot. The Joseph Smith movie was also very good. I was glad that they showed a lot of the lesser-known stories of that time. It was more like the 200-level version of the movie for members, rather than the 100-level (college class reference there.) And the Cheesecake Factory: overrated as always, but still pretty good. We had to wait about 50 minutes, which wasn't that bad considering that some people waited 4 hours when it first opened. The food was pretty good but they were AGAIN out of the kind of cheesecake that we wanted! That's really annoying. So my recommendation...go during lunch. Shorter wait and more likely to get the kind of cheesecake you want. And it was a little on the pricey side, so you should share a meal because the portions are huge. It was nice also to not have to dine with a bunch of drunken gamblers as well (the only other Cheesecake Factory we've been to is the one in Vegas.) That's all for now. Remember the Bloggies!
4 comments:
Splitting a meal with Mellif at the Cheesecake Factory is impossible because I go for something delicious, like the Ambrosia Deliciousness, and Mel gets something gross, like the Poo Sandwich, used with crusts that have been sitting there since 7 AM. So instead we have tons of leftovers which we wrap and keep it in our fridge until we throw it out a month later.
First of all: LOVE Ikea! The first time I went I remember going up the escalator and then it was like being at Disneyland, only better cause it was furniture. Also, Cheescake factory, yummy! I have to agree with you on the lunch thing, though.
Secondly, I promise promise promise that I have no idea how your link got erased from our blog. I went to add it again and then when I went back to our blog it had it on there twice! Weird! Bob and I discussed it and came to the conclusion that it had to have been something he did ;).
Bottom line, we don't hate you.
and P.S. Happy New Year!
I have only gone to eat at the cheesecake factory once - long long wait, food mediocre, and pricey. But their cheesecake is very good. Overall, I'm a much bigger fan of Joe Vera's.
Your little guy is pretty lucky.
later,
Kristie
An IKEA is coming here in Kentucky. I've never been either so I'm excited.
So, uh, how often am I supposed to defrost the freezer? I've never done it. not even once. And how exactly do you do it then? Take everything out and let it rot, then defrost it and lose all the stuff in the freezer? Info!
Post a Comment