I decided to copy my cousin Pete and celebrate one year of blogging. Here is a quick rundown of the highlights of the last year:
January 2007: Aaron and I start out the year by continuing to do the dishes by hand living in a small two-bedroom apartment circa 1968.
February 2007: Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple: Aaron makes chicken cordon bleu.
March 2007: Who knows, I can't remember what I wore yesterday.
April 2007: We celebrate the fact that school is over and start our summer jobs at BYU.
May 2007: Aaron and I slave over dental school applications and spend much time debating how to best write the personal statement. Most frustrating thing EVER.
We celebrate our one-year anniversary by going to the temple and then up to SLC to see a movie and go to the Roof for dinner. I leave my camera there.
June 2007: Of course I have to mention that I turned 23. Aaron studies for the DAT for 14 hours a day. We spend 3 days practically living in the airport as we went to Maryland for Kent's wedding.
July 2007: Aaron takes the DAT and then we go to Harry Potter 5 to ease his pain of not doing as well as he wanted to. A few weeks later we start filling out secondary applications. Unbeknownst to me, the makings of a small boy are forming within me.
August 2007: Aaron finishes secondaries and I take a pregnancy test at 2 in the morning and am quite shocked to see it come up positive!
September 2007: Aaron and I start our penultimate semester at BYU, both of us in our capstone classes.
October 2007: Aaron and I make our way to Las Vegas, Philly (just Aaron), and Arizona for dental school interviews.
November 2007: We celebrate Thanksgiving (duh) and found out we're having a boy!
December 2007: We struggle through finals and welcome home my family from Europe, including my little brother from his mission in Italy. Also Christmas.
January 2008: The pre-dental conquest comes to an end as we get invited to attend dental school! We breathe a huge sigh of relief and Aaron celebrates by finally buying his long-awaited laptop.
And there is is folks. Many of you who have been faithful readers of this blog already know most of the stuff that happened to us this year, so thank you again for putting with my mundane drivel.
9 comments:
"As miserable as JoEllen"???? What are you trying to say, here?
Sorry I'm lame and haven't commented on your blog :) I've been reading though and you still make me laugh, as always. I'll be a better commenter though, I promise. :) Anyways, so...you're pregnant!! Congrats - you look so cute with your little belly in the pictures!!
What you ought to do is go through the entries and put the beginning sentences of each month in it.
I totally wrote (alright, majorly edited) Helaman's personal statement. What a pain!
You're pregnant?!
I was so excited to find out that you guys have a blog. I've been scarily obsessed since I started ours. You definitely take me back to about 8 years ago, pregnant and looking forward to dental school!
I feel so special - mentioned by name in consecutive blog entries. Awesome.
Hey Heidi! This is Carrol Robins. Congrats on the new babe! You look SO cute as a pregnant mommy! I love it! You'll love being a mommy too, it's so much fun. You'll love him just so much! I don't know if you have ever received an invite for my blog?! If not, it's private now but your so welcome to join in on the Rockin' Robins Fam. I've had your blog as a link on mine FOREVER! Just email me with your email if ya wanna invite :0).
p.s. missing the Apex days like crazy. NOT.
I like how you put "2007" after every month when you stated at the beginning your objective of highlighting last year. Welcome to the Dept. of Redundant Redundancies Dept. That joke never gets old.
Post a Comment