Sunday, January 13, 2008

I have a bowling ball in my stomach

Here's the update on the pregnancy: I should probably post a picture of my stomach huh. Okay, here it is.
Man I look tan in this picture. I have discovered that pregnancy is full of little surprises that no one tells you about even though you subscribe to dozens of pregnancy e-newsletters and get tons of little booklets from the doctors about it. And I won't say them here because they are not something that one likes to hear. But let me just say it's a joy discovering them on my own. The latest thing is the incredible heaviness that I feel...it seriously feels like someone sewed a bowling ball in my stomach, like I have to support my stomach when I stand up or else the ball will slip out and smash my toes. I walked around like Mr. Burns all day yesterday because I felt so much weight pulling me down.
My center of gravity has been threatening me these last few months and finally decided to pull me down with it. But it's good to know that my child is alive and kicking and will be here in only three months. Three whole months...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah those were totally my experiences when i was first pregnant. but each pregnancy got better after the first. oh wait, that's not me. i've never been pregnant. HA!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Just wait till the bowling ball drops :) I avoided the whole waddling stage with Emma because we had to take her early- but this little thing is dropping, and I walk like an elephant in a three legged race- it is fantastic!! Have a good final trimester- they are worth it in the long run. . . usually.

Liesl said...

Oh, I love your cute little bowling ball...

Sunnie said...

i want to see belly pics. i think pregnant bellies are so fun. and there are plenty of joys yet to discover left with childbirth and the recovery. it's a joy, just you wait:)