Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The First Good News!!!

Aaron got into Arizona Dental School!!! Hooray Hooray! I am SO happy about this. It was a little hard to hear about everyone getting in already (although we don't know anyone who got into to ASDOH) when Aaron is such a hard worker and pulled countless all-nighters last semester just trying to keep up. This is such a huge relief off his back...of both of our backs. I can't help but wonder if we'll get in other places now too. But it's just great to know that we're for sure in somewhere and that it was one of our top choices. Actually I think it was my top choice just because of the quality of life we'd have while living there. Students said that school was easier than they expected and the way the teaching goes is like this: one teacher comes in each week, teaches you the subject for the week and you test for it on Monday. That's it, no finals, except for the boards. Then you're done with that topic. It's kind of weird, but Aaron would like it because he can just focus on one thing. Anyways, I will write more on this later with more details but one thing is for sure...I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!! Oh and also, today is the 100 days left mark until I have my baby. So that's exciting too.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Aaron!! We are super excited for you and know that this is a huge answer to many prayers.

Christina said...

Congrats you guys! I'm sure that is a relief.

Anonymous said...

Quality of life better: i.e. it's fetchin' cold here in Utah, I'm sick of winter, let's move our butts down to Arizona now!!

Actually, I'm super jealous, because I've told Alice several times I'd love to live in AZ. Back home to my favorite mullet-haired pitcher.

Congratulations!

(First Hansen to use the 'b' word on a blog)

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Congrats! Now what part of AZ is it in?

Michelle Williams said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I am really happy for you both!

Kent said...

Boooooo!! Hissssssssssss!! You'll be accepted at Tufts so who cares? Not me! Go ahead and live in your stupid desert with no trees and ugly mountains and boringness all around.

Kent said...

But seriously, boo and hiss and general negativity.

Katie Torriente: said...

Yay! Congrats to you!

Sarah Turpin said...

Congrats!! That is really exciting! We are really happy for you

MamiJo said...

Congratulations Heidi and Aaron. I know you are really excited about this!

Janae said...

Wow! So awesome. Doug applied to 10 different programs, he was so nervous. And of course he got into 8 of them because he's smart and a hard worker. That will be so fun!

Pete said...

All the dentists I have ever been to rave about their education at Arizona. That or they lament the fact that they never went there and went to some crummy school like Tufts.

Congrats - it's nice to know you are wanted. I guess Dental School is not like Med School where they have that lottery system? Are you definitely going there?

Austin said...

congratulations!!! that's so great! we'll miss you so much, but tracie's already planning a trip out there!

congratulations for the baby too! so exciting! Can i use more exclamation marks?!! I think not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driel said...

That is sooo exciting! Arizona is so nice.

Anonymous said...

Gotta add my congrats to you. Way to Go Aaron. But I'm still betting that I'll be giving many more congrats to you as time goes on and more schools beg for you.