Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Ode to Loony
Our first fish has died. You might not know this, but Aaron and I own 10 betta fish. We first got them when my friend Adrienne got married and wanted to have fish as her centerpieces. Well we were going to give the fish away after the wedding, but then Aaron got attached and wanted to keep them. Betta fish are also known as Siamese Fighting Fish, and this means they have to be kept in separate tanks. So every week Aaron faithfully spent 2 hours cleaning each tank out. It was amazing that none of the fish had died before this (we got them last April). But I have to admit that I was sad that one of them died...his name was Loony. Loony was loony. He liked to swim up and down and in circles, acting, well loony. He was a good fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Our first fish died, too. We don't know exactly when; about 3 weeks ago. We noticed he had kind of disappeared, but we also knew he hid in the sunken ship all the time. The next time we cleaned it, no Daniel. It was very sad for us. He was a very tiny red-finned shark. We take comfort that Taylor and John must've had a good meal. I punished them by not feeding them for the next 3 days.
At least yours lasted that long. Felicity got a fishtank for her 6th birthday, so each child got a fish the Friday afternoon before April conference. They didn't even last through President Monson's talk. The stench was so horrible that I put away the tank permanently.
I'm sorry for your loss.
My condolences.
Post a Comment