Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Followup

Thanks for all the input people. It feel nice to know that I'm not alone in the world! Yes, I totally felt WT and I actually thought 'I am so white trash right now' as I sat in the dirty waiting room. This new pediatrician's place made me really appreciate how nice our old pediatrician's office was. But his diaper leaked because he'd been filling it ALL NIGHT LONG so I don't think it was too small, just too full. And also I have tried putting Will in corners, next the side, etc. He just figures out how to get around it. That kid is going to all over the place once he can crawl and walk. And I have also tried to let him cry it out, which works sometimes, but other times it just makes him madder and madder. I usually do that if I can't get him to calm down after picking him up and soothing him. Then I know he's just too overtired to have anything help him and he just needs to wear himself out.

Solution so far: I have put up the packnplay in our walk-in closet so that it's nice and dark and cool. He always sleeps great at night so I think it will help. He's taken only a few naps in it so far and he can sleep for a tad bit longer. As we speak I am hearing him wake up from his nap which has lasted 1.5 hours. Also, it is important for me to feed him right when he gets up because that's when he's still semi-groggy and not too distracted to eat a full bottle. Also I'm letting him stay up a little longer between naps because I think he's just getting older and wanting to not go to sleep every hour or so. And so far it's been helping.

Some of you may have noticed that I am probably not going to stick to my 7-13-7-13 pattern this month and ruin the awesome streak. Well it's true, I am going to ruin it. But mostly because I like to blog and I don't want to be tied down by some weird random streak. So there. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but we'll get through it together.

Well I have to go get the crying man, so I gotta go.

No comments: