Friday: Left at about 11:15 and arrived 10:18. About a 10 hour drive (don't forget the time change people) and Will decided that once again, he is not a fan of long car rides. Arrived at Ferguson's house and greeted a very surprised Libbie.
Saturday: I went and got a quick haircut and then we drove to Orem to visit my parents who were also pleasantly surprised. Then we went to Springville and had lunch with Ammon and Liz and Darin and Kali. Saw new baby Ashlyn and old baby Kylie. Will had fun flirting with the girls.
Sunday we went to church with my Mom and then had dinner at their house. Monday was Labor Day and we hung out with Aaron's family and had a BBQ with Jack and Michele. Then we drove around to deliver our presents to Nate and Cassidy and Ammon and Liz. After a 20-minute drive of pure crying, we arrive at my parents house to say goodbye. And then we drove back to Lehi to sleep at the Fergusons.
Overall, it was a good trip, although tiring and a little hectic. We were happy that the weather was nice and cool, even though we packed nothing but short sleeves and shorts. It's hard to imagine that anywhere could be chilly when you live in Arizona. But it was a nice reminder of fall in Utah, which is my favorite time of year. I miss it a lot, but I'm sure I will be glad to live here come January when you're all suffering from winter.
Moral of the story: I thought my allergies were just bad in Utah, but they seem to be just as bad in AZ.
In other news, we arrived safely back in Mesa and I only got ONE speeding ticket! (trying to put a positive spin on it.) Aaron counted seeing at least 10 cops while driving, so I guess it was bound to happen. We were welcomed home by a fresh batch of ants in the bathroom. Will was supposed to have a doctor's appt today but there was an issue with the insurance, so I rescheduled it. Nevertheless, I am going to still feed him some rice cereal today. Big moment for me! And I am also happy to report that Will seems to be getting back to his normal long napping schedule, but time will tell. And I continue to have trouble sleeping and cannot get rid of this monstrous headache.
1 comment:
One of my tickets was received around Panguitch (Parowan, maybe? A "p" city for sure) for rolling that stop sign where you have to turn left to stay on 89 on the way down to Mesa. That route has about a billion cops, so one ticket is pretty good.
Post a Comment