Thursday, September 18, 2008

One's not enough. I want both.

I wish that I could see the turning fall colors
But I'm grateful that it will be warm here in January.
I wish that we could keep our dining table free of clutter
But I'm grateful that I actually have a dining room.
I wish that Will would go back to taking long naps
But I'm grateful that he's so cheerful when he's awake.
I wish that Aaron could have more time to spend with us
But I'm grateful that he's such a hard worker in school.
I wish that I could stop writing 'I with'
I with that I could bake lots of fall treats and eat them without gaining weight
But I'm grateful that I AM losing weight!
I wish that laundry would do itself
But I'm grateful that we have a washer and a dryer!
I wish that the maintenance guys would respond immediately
But I'm grateful that they've actually been here the last two days.
I wish that everything in this world didn't cost a million dollars
But I'm grateful that I'm learning how to budget.
I wish that my legs would stop being sore
But I'm grateful that I'm building muscle.
I wish that I could see my old friends and family members more
But I'm grateful that we have the chance to live somewhere else.
I wish that Aaron would stop leaving his clothes in the dining room
But I'm grateful that he cleans a lot when he has time.
I wish that we could go play on the weekends
But I'm grateful that I have a cute baby boy to stay home with.
I wish for a million things all the time
But I'm grateful for what I have.

6 comments:

Liesl said...

That was really good, Heidi. Liked it a lot.

mandy said...

Amen, sister! I totally get that whole torn feeling.

Amy said...

That is a great list!
Will is so cute! I love his hair. I wish Malachi had some. I have the same wishes about the weather getting cooler here. I was driving home from Walmart thinking, wow its starting to cool off, then I looked at my car thermometer and it read 98 degrees. How sad. I can't wait until I can start walking Cambria to school and count that as a work out!
P.S. I tagged you- see my blog for details.

Amy said...

How cute your background is!
Grandma O. has a blog! http://joanostler.blogspot.com/

Jay Harvey said...

I wish that Sher, Jo and Dawn could sit around and reminisce about the Fruit Stand, The Play House, The Jarvises, The Station Wagon, and Playing People and Blocks, BUT I am so glad that you can be there having wonderful experiences. Love you Heidi!

Janae said...

That was really nice! I love reading your blog--you're so creative and it brings me back to the days when we were in jr high/high school together. I still remember when you'd come home on the bus with me to go to your violin lessons. Those were fun times. :)