I know there are tons of you out there who read my blog regularly but don't really leave very many comments. I know that I have complained about lack of comments a lot, but this isn't really the same thing.
It's more about this: I would like to get to know my readers! Many of you are relatives, either on Aaron's side or mine, and I feel like I don't really know many of you. But when you leave comments, it's kind of like a conversation more than me just blathering endlessly about my life. I also know that to encourage comments, I need to leave comments, which I really have tried to do a lot more.
So first, here's a few basic things about me, to help establish some common ground:
1) I live in Arizona
2) I am LDS
3) I am married to a dental student, we have been married for 2 years and 4 months
4) I have a 5-month-old baby boy named Will
5) I miss Utah, but am having fun here (yes that one was a cop-out, I couldn't think of anything.)
I have a lot of hobbies, many of which I'm not really good at, but I try. These include
a) Cooking and Baking
b) Digital Scrapbooking and other digi-cuteness (like my header? I made it in photoshop)
c) Interior Design and Floral Design
d) Exercising
e) Little crafts, especially for the holidays
f) Reading and writing
e) Watching movies and good TV (does this qualify as a hobby?)
f) Travelling
g) Playing with my giggly son
So I know that a lot of you are women who also share my interest in these hobbies, so I am inviting you to visit my other blog My Right Brain where I talk more about this so I can partially spare my brothers (yes all 7 of em) from the girlyness.
Anyway, this may sound funny, but I want to try and be more interactive which is why I really want everyone to leave comments! So comment away, even if you are making fun of me a little.
9 comments:
Wow. It's only been 2 days since I last checked your blog and there's already 3 entries I haven't seen. Most impressive.
Hey Heidi, it's Shellby (Willhite) Kemper. I just recently started reading your blog, I think I got it off of your Facebook page. I love seeing what you guys are up to! I started reading Kent and JoEllen's blogs off of your links as well. My blog is www.tatermcbaby.typepad.com
Everybody loves to feast on the goodness of your blog (and, in months past, mine), but nobody wants to contribute their own goodness. They keep their candles under bushels and therefore it is up to you and me to keep it alive. So I almost always comment on yours. I admit that my posts haven't been frequent lately, but I think there will be more frequent posts in the future.
Hi, my name is Katie. We had class together and enjoyed lazy days at the pool, tanning our bodies and watching Bridgette Jones' Diary.
I love your blog Heidi. I will try to comment more. Even if I have nothing funny to say. Its weird, I feel more comfortable commenting in Facebook even though obviously way way more people can see what you say on that. Also have fun in Texas - I'm incredibly jealous!
Hi Heidi. My name is Pete and I'm your 32nd favorite cousin on the Broadbent side. Well perhaps I rank higher than that, but Kurt always put me at 44 or 45 (if I was really good I could usually beat out one of em). I read your blog, but given how frequently you post, I miss some ehre and there. My blog is in hiatus right now because I do not have internet in my apartment, but when it is up again we will have some great posts.
Are you going to Texas or something?
Comment, comment comment comment! Comment comment; comment. :)
Hey, we used to be in the same ward and I found your site through other members. I like reading about your husband going to dental school cuz we are going to be in the same situation (hopefully!). I work in the scrapbooking industry so I always enjoy seeing your creative stuff, especially your new blog. Anyways, I read your blog and I like that you post frequently.
Hi Heidi! I read your blog, but I'm an anonymous floater- I'll try to be more talkative! Looks like you guys are doing great. I miss seeing you here in Provo.
Post a Comment