(Just listen to this video and ignore what you see, I couldn't find the real video.)
I started going to a yoga class at Gold's. I felt so ridiculous, trying to bend and pose in all these weird positions and not knowing how on earth anybody every got the hang of it. I considered myself pretty much the least flexible person in the world (that is, until I saw Aaron try it...)
It took me a very long while to really get into it, to get over the initial weirdness of it, wondering how this qualifies as a workout, feeling silly doing it, etc. Aaron bought me a yoga video and a mat and I started doing it more. However, the yoga instructor was a little like the one Brian Regan made fun of, and it just got obnoxious the pace she went at (like exceedingly slow.)
Finally, I found a video that is, for lack of a better adjective, freakin awesome. This is how I feel about yoga now:

Maybe some day I'll feel good enough to go back to a yoga class at the gym.
11 comments:
I would like to challenge you and Aaron for least flexible person EVER. What is the name of the video? I should really try it or I'm going to be one stiff, crotchety old lady someday.
Great video! I love Yoga, too! I've been doing it for 5 years now. I started when I was pregnant with my first. Good for you!
Glad you posted the Brian Regan video anyway. It was funny. Normally I don't watch the whole video, but this one was worth it, even though it was just audio.
Ok so I'm totally not a fan of yoga, I feel the same way as you! Even though I did cheerleading in high school I still didn't feel flexible enough to do some of those things they do in those classes. I just try the aerobics class (which can sometimes be irritating) but I think it's great you're trying it at home! You can enjoy a peaceful moment while Will is sleeping!
yoga is the best!
it would be even better if i started doing it again!
careful, i'm getting motivated...
you need to try bikram yoga. It's awesome. I love it way more than regular yoga.
I like yoga too. I'm going to get a few videos and start doing them soon. :)
To prove that I have read this post, I will now leave a comment.
Will there be a quiz later? Now THERE'S a great idea for a post!
i've never really given yoga a try. maybe i would like it. i've always kind of been a jogging girl.
yay for yoga - I don't really feel like yoga gives me a work out either - what is your video called?
Cute high chair, is that the kind that hooks to the table?
Post a Comment