It started out on Friday (because that's typically how most weekends begin) with Aaron and I going out, first going to the store to buy the stuff for our Annual Halloween Party (this is the third year we've done it so that qualifies it as being Annual, just so you know.)
Then, for dinner, we tried the Kona Grill. We always pass it and see tons of people at the bar and on the patio, so we thought it was a happenin' place. Well, it IS a happenin' place if you are single/and/or/old and drink. And that is not us, so Strike 1. The inside was nice looking, we had high hopes, and I really wanted to like the place. But it was pretty expensive, and your entree didn't come with a side salad, you had to order it separately. So we split a meal and I ordered a 'side salad' that cost 6 bucks. Since it cost so much, I thought it would be pretty big, a la Cheesecake Factory. Nope, it was a dinky salad that I could make at home with a bag of lettuce and a cucumber. It did taste good, but not 6 bucks good. Strike 2.
And then we waited. And waited. And waited and waited. It took FOREVER to get our entree, at least 20 minutes. Strike 3. Finally it came, and it was pretty small, but we did split it. And there were these tasty fried carrot-y things. But the waitress didn't offer us any compensation for having to wait so long for our meal, so that sealed the deal. 2 out of 5 stars.
After dinner, we went home and decided to watch the old movie "Clue". We'd never seen it before and since we bought the game to play at the party, we thought we'd try to remember how to play it by watching the movie. It was quite silly.
Saturday arrived and we started off the day by carving pumpkins. Will was amazing at carving his!
A good time was had by all.
10 comments:
I love how Will matched his pumpkin--very festive. What a fun party! You had me at pumpkin cheesecake.
fun fun weekend! love the pumpkins. we are still yet to carve. in houston, they go bad fast so you have to wait until right before the big day. your's look better than mine will be, for sure!
k seriously, what are you? by the way I did leave a comment on your other blog, doesnt that count? Im still getting the hang of this blog thing and I didnt even realize people left comments on my blog till 2 DAYS AGO! Sooo, ya. But im no dummy. I decorated for halloween once. but that was when I had a house, and now theres kind of no point. ANYWAY, I cant believe how big Will is getting, seriously, how exciting! love you guys to death
The Halloween party sounds like a lot of fun. I remember watching that Clue movie is High school. Oh, and your menu sounds yummy.
Cute pumpkins - sorry about the bad restarant.
sounds fun. thanks for the invite. Who won the game? Sorry about the restaurant it always sucks when you have such high hopes for something and it bombs.
Ah, Clue. I am a fan. "I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife."
Clue is a classic in my family. It is perhaps the most often quoted movie among the Ence household. I think Craig has only seen it once, but could probably recognize any line from the movie because it is quoted so much.
Wow I didn't know that about Holly! We own Clue also...it was big in my family growing up too so I had to make Kurt watch it. Cause of Tim Curry. I made Kurt buy me "Oscar" cause of him too...I think I'll watch that again tonight.
Cute, I love your pumpkins! And the Halloween Party sounded like a blast, Clue is one of John's and my all time favorite!
I like the picture of Will stealthily keeping an eye on his parents underneath the blanket. He will be a sneaky one.
Post a Comment