Well, date night came early this week. Aaron got a long weekend due to his 4-day genetics class. So he had Thursday afternoon and Friday off. And since we have a ward activity tonight, we decided to go out last night. First we went to a local pumpkin patch with our own little pumpkin and bought some to take home.
Then after a quick stop to return something, we headed to this restaurant called "Oregano's" (which Aaron kept calling Parmesan's) that we'd heard a lot about. We'd heard it was better than Carrabba's and the Olive Garden, so we wanted to see if that was true, but after going there, we realized it was strange that they compared this place to those places. Just because what they serve could be categorized as Italian food, it was definitely a different kind of place. Aaron thought it was a mix between TGIFriday's and California Pizza Kitchen. I thought it was just supposed to be like an old-timey pizza parlor. But they made everything fresh, and while the pizza we felt was okay, I liked the pizza cookie with ginormous amounts of ice cream heaped on top. Afterwards I said to Aaron, "Let's never eat out again." I was so full and saw my Wall-E-esque future of being shlubbed around on a giant motorized chair.
Aaron took this picture at Oregano's and I photoshopped it a bit...Anyway, we are happy to have Aaron home for a long weekend. In other news, I finally tried out the new sewing machine my mom gave me. It's pretty cool to have such a nice new machine to hopefully improve my skills. I took sewing lessons for forever when I was growing up, and although I really dreaded them, I realized that I actually learned a few things.
9 comments:
Those little bears are so cute! I'm impressed! The pumpkin patch looked like so much fun. And I think that is great that you guys have a date night every week!
we are off to the pumpkin patch tomorrow. should be so fun! will is so cute i love it! and good job sewing. that is mighty crafty of you.
sorry about "Parmesans" that pic you photo shopped looks pretty sweet. You have some mad skizzills.
I love all the pics of Will. And those teddy bears you made are so cute. I really wish I could sew. But alas, sewing and me were never meant to be.
I love that photo of you and Will. I really think you should enlarge it, and frame it. The lighting is perfect. Your expressions are priceless. It captures the excitement and joy of being a mom - especially when you get to share something cool with your child.
such a cute kid. Frankly, I love the hair!
the pumpkin patch is so much fun! we haven't had a chance to go and i think we're going tonight.. i'm so excited! love will's hair i wish alex's would get long like that so i can put it in a fo-hawk!
love those teddy bears.. i wish i could sew! i think they turned out great!
Will has some impressive cheeks. You need to keep him away from Kurt. We had a day all reserved for apple picking and pumpkin patching, but it rained that day, so we missed it.
I love, love, love that picture of Will and I am very impressed with your bears! Very cute.
Post a Comment