Monday, October 6, 2008

Mondays

Today was a long day of weird random things. After my vacation, I had to take the next few days to decompress, since I always feel like I need a vacation after a vacation! And then there was conference, which was so great and really helped me. I loved so many of the talks, especially the Sunday morning session. I really missed President Hinckley again. But I was a total baby and teared up or cried at like half the talks. I guess that's what motherhood does to you...makes your emotions rise at the drop of a hat.
Today I took Will to the doctor. Why? I gave Will some sweet potatoes last week and he developed a bad case of diarrhea (sorry if that's too much information). Along with that came a really horrible diaper rash that was starting to bleed! Now I don't know if this is normal, since he's my first baby. The PA student who saw him first before the doctor said that her own kids have had horrible diaper rashes as well, they looked like ulcers. But seriously, that CANT be normal! Anyway, the doctor came in and prescribed some ointment stuff and told me to just give him pedialyte for a day or so. Hopefully that works. But I was happy that Will was a champ throughout the whole ordeal.
So here are a few things I noticed today:
  • Gas here is $3.27! Anyone else have gas that cheap?
  • Hobby Lobby was playing "How Great Thou Art" in their store. I guess even in Arizona they must know the Mormons have a great love of crafts and home decor.
  • Will's hair is getting really long! It's about an inch long in the front, and that's usually one of the first things people notice about him. It also sticks straight up since I bathe him at night and then put a little lotion on his head afterwards.
  • It actually is cooling off a little and is actually bearable to be outside. It's kind of weird to go outside and not feel the familiar blast of heat.
Well that's enough blogging for one day. And now back to Arrested Development...

8 comments:

Austin said...

sounds like fun. we miss you guys. poor will and the sweet potato mishap.

hate to break it to you (ok, i lied. i love breaking it to people) but "how great thou art" is not an exclusively lds hymn, it's standard christian song of praise like "amazing grace." i learned this because in the last hymnal, President Benson insisted they put "how great thou art" in the hymn book, because it was his favorite.

it was also one of elvis presley's favorite gospel songs, and mine as well.

and i'm pretty sure elvis wasn't mormon, unless you believe the story that he was friends with the osmonds who gave him a book of mormon, and when he died his estate gave it to the church, and it has the word "king" highlighted all throughout it.

wow, this comment is longer than my last 2 blog entries!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

And thank you to Austin for setting me straight. Boy is my face red.

Sunnie said...

gas was $3.08 at costco here today. not to rub it in:) glad it's cooling off for you. i can't wait until the heat is completely gone for the year. it will be so nice.

Brian said...

I tear up during the conference talks too, just so you know. So I don't think it's just your mothering instincts. I hope.

Anonymous said...

Gas was $3.01 in Whitman, MASS when we left.

Kent said...

Brian and Mom stole my ideas for comments. So now I have nothing to say, but I'll post this comment anyway so I can get credit for it.

Anonymous said...

Gas is $2.86 here, I cried like a Mia-maid at Girl's camp during conference, and I WROTE "How Great Thou Art". Let's see, what else can I one-up everybody here? Oh yeah, did I mention Charlie is the cutest EVER?

Lanae said...

You have such a great blog! So cute. So fun to have you in our ward, we will definately have to craft sometime soon.