There are a few more outside decorations that I didn't take pictures of, but you can rest assured that Halloween has been up and running in our house since October began. I will probably be good and ready to take them down come November 1st. But since it's still summer outside, it's nice to pretend that it's Fall inside.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Halloween in My House
I love Halloween. Not necessarily the whole 'scary' part of it, but I love decorating my house, getting halloween candy to give out, dressing up, etc. You've heard this all before. Well, here is the proof. My little apartment has kind of exploded with decorations.
Here's the black feather wreath I made. It didn't turn out nearly as great as the Pottery Barn one, but this one cost about 5 bucks to make and the PB one is almost 50. Hmmm... Anyway, you can see how I made this on My Right Brain.
A little faux-fall-flower arrangement I made. I love that the craft stores have these 50% a lot of the time because otherwise they are way too overpriced.
The full effect. No, it doesn't just sit on the floor. You can't see the whole thing though where it usually is. I have to say, I really love working with 'everlasting' flowers. They just cooperate a lot better, and you don't have to keep trimming the rotting stems and replacing the murky water. But don't think I don't love fresh flowers anymore, Aaron, because I do!
Table centerpiece of apples, black feathers, and leaves.
I stole this idea from Martha Stewart. But it was convenient that I already had black cardboard bats cut out from last year. And a tin full of plastic bones.



My spooky house, lit up with electric votive candles. Those things are the best!
I love Halloween trees, but everyone I looked for one they were either too expensive or the wrong color. The lo and behold, I spot this one at Walmart for 7 bucks!
And the famous archway piece I made last year for a wedding. It's hanging above our bed right now because that's really the only place it looked good. I'm trying to decide if I should dismantle it and use the flowers elsewhere. It's kind of bulky and takes up space in storage...what do you think?
There are a few more outside decorations that I didn't take pictures of, but you can rest assured that Halloween has been up and running in our house since October began. I will probably be good and ready to take them down come November 1st. But since it's still summer outside, it's nice to pretend that it's Fall inside.
There are a few more outside decorations that I didn't take pictures of, but you can rest assured that Halloween has been up and running in our house since October began. I will probably be good and ready to take them down come November 1st. But since it's still summer outside, it's nice to pretend that it's Fall inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
we're going to miss our halloween party with you guys!
happy halloween anyway!
love all your decoration! i always love to see other people's decorations, but then i feel like i need more for myself.
Congratulations on your 100th post in 2008. You have been a busy blogger, and it's been fun to read all that's been happening with you guys!! Keep it up.
Oh man I totally choked and didn't even realize that when I blogged this! I thought about it yesterday, and was going to do something amazing. I guess I'll just have to blog it up and wait for 1,000.
Wow your decorations sure look cute heidi; your right home decor is your thing!
That's coming from a good critic of home decor! I like to think of myself on my way to being as good as you are ;)
cute decorations! Way to make them and not spend $! (well not as much anyway) I wish I could see them in person. We still have your pumpkin people on our dining room table. I refuse to give in to the gnats.
So cute. My Halloween decorations are a little dated and sad. Most of them have been designated as downstairs decorations because they aren't cute enough to be upstairs but the kids still want to put them out.
I like your decorations! I've never been very good about decorating my house. I'm always impressed with people who can do that.
I'm glad you got that thing I sent. Hopefully it will make everything run smoother.
Post a Comment