Aaron has been plugging away at school, getting really tired of doing tons of studying every night, and still feeling burned out from not having much of a break between graduating from BYU and starting dental school. He's looking forward to Thanksgiving Break a lot. But in a surprising turn of events, he got called to be a primary worker in our ward. He has never served in the primary, and today was his first day. He came out and said to me, "Well, church just got a lot more fun." I'm excited for him to do this calling, because he's never really been involved in a job or calling that involved little kids and he's the youngest in his family. So he doesn't have that much experience around them, although it seems that he has a lot in common with them (his love of cartoons, toys, days off from school, and not picking up his socks) so I am excited to see how this calling will affect him.
Will is better than ever. It's amazing to think that he's already 6 months old. He's my best friend these days, and we have a blast hanging out together. He is quite a stud and, biased or not, I happen to think he's a very good looking baby. In fact, he already has a little girlfriend. I told him not to date until he's 16 and he said, "don't worry mom, we're just friends." And I believe him, because whenever he sees the beautiful Lily Mae, he is much more interested in chewing on her toys than her, although he will occasionally blow raspberries on her arm.
Anyway, he is getting a lot better at sitting up by himself, but even more than that, he seems to be getting very skilled at playing with toys. He is so good at grabbing pretty much anything in sight and shoving it in his mouth. And when he drops it, he looks around and picks it back up, switching it from hand to hand. He's eating more solids now, but one of the reasons I have been so slow about it is because we don't have a high chair yet and Will is an extremely messy eater. He sits in his bumbo and eats, getting food on every inch of his clothes and the bumbo. So it's a huge hassle to have to pretty much bathe him after I feed him.
I'd like to say the weather here has cooled off. And technically it has, if you call the lower 90's cool. We had one glorious week where the temperature was in the low 70's to high 60's and I actually wore a jacket NOT by choice. And I bought Will some cooler-weather clothes, including some much needed Sunday clothes. Here he is looking a little sloppy, true to the memory of my brothers' two-seconds-after-church look.
As for me, I've just been running around trying to get my errands taken care of and keeping my house clean. Not much to tell on my end. I did burn myself on Friday when I was carmelizing almonds, even though I was trying to be very careful. So now I have a giant blister on my left pointer finger. I've also been reading "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. I had a hard time getting through the last of her vampire series books for various reasons, but the main one is that her style of writing tends to be way too descriptive, to the point of getting tedious. But I like The Host better so far, it's an interesting concept for a story, and although the descriptive writing continues, it's not bugging me as much. I think she has gotten better as a writer, although maybe it's just that her audience for this book is older in general.
So life goes on, we're doing fine, and I just have to say that I am not really looking forward to November 4th, when we find out which not-so-promising Presidential candidate will be in charge of our country for the next 4 years.
12 comments:
Will and his little "girl"friend are so cute together. Where in the world did you get a little tie. I want one for Malachi so bad but I have no idea where to get one. Will also looks very cute at the pumpkin patch and I like all of your Halloween activities. I have never seen a black feathered wreath.
P.S. You have some very interesting comments here.
I've found too-small diapers make great baby shower gifts.
The picture of him in his little tie and dress shirt must be framed! He is so adoreable.
I love that Will is your best friend and that you are enjoying first time motherhood so much. I think I was too much of a stress case to really enjoy it the first time and to realize how fast it goes.
Will's girlfriend is a babe.
you're the first person I've ever heard say anything negative about Stephanie Meyers and the vampire series. It makes me happy! I've never read them, but when I lived with my sister she would totally ignore her kids (which meant they were always in my way) while she read the books for the 3rd time. I know I should probably read them since they sound pretty good, but right now I'm irritated with my sister and I blame the books!
Cute pics of Will and his "girlfriend." My new niece is named Lily Mae as well. I loved Will's little Sunday outfit. And he looked so cute in his tub within the tub.
Sounds like you've been quite the busy bee lately. I love October. :D I can't wait until Halloween!
I lost patience with "Twilight" when, one-third of the way through its 500-plus-page hugeness, nothing had really happened yet. I've considered giving the books another try, since some people I really respect (all childless, I realize) really like the series, especially the last one. But who has time to read?
Your writing is great, Heidi. I enjoy the Hansen sense of humor immensely.
Did you just call Lily fat? You apologize, young lady! You apologize right this very instant!
Me regulate! You better watch Will over there with that girlfriend! Lol, Alex loves the babes too. I'm already nervous! Will is way cute, I love the picture in the tub! It reminds me of Alex playing in the tub!
I can't wait to see what he's gonna be for Halloween! That tie is cute! Did you get it at the Children's Place?
I got Will's tie at The Children's Place, one of my favorite clothes stores! Someone told me they sell little boy's ties during Christmas and Easter and since it's so clearly Christmastime, I guess they're selling them now!
Will is so cute next to his little girlfriend! I am very happy to hear you are enjoying motherhood.
The goose thing was VERY SCARY!
Lol I realized that you went to the Children's Place after I posted the comment! I went and looked in Alex's closet and saw almost the same thing! That store is so great! I stock up on those ties!
Post a Comment