Part 6: The Wrath of Marilla
I loved sitting outside my house on summer nights, so I invited Aaron to look at the stars with me on the trampoline outside our house (this was when my sister was in Germany and my parents had their trampoline). We lay on the ‘tramp’ for awhile and chatted, but it was getting colder, forcing us to cuddle up to each other. I grabbed a blanket to keep us warm. Aaron was very interesting to talk to, and I really felt comfortable with him. In the past, guys have said cheesy lines to me, but I always just brushed them off or assumed they were just trying to get me to kiss them or something. But Aaron said, “It’s just been such a long time since I’ve been with a girl so beautiful” and it felt so sincere. I knew he didn’t say things like that to just anyone. I also found out that he had only kissed 2 girls before me, which really impressed me. I had kind of assumed that he was a player type and kissed whomever he felt like. And that’s how much I had misjudged him. Well the night waned on and the thought came to me that we might kiss. Well, I was not a love em and leave em kind of girl and I kept thinking ‘I do NOT want to kiss him on our first date!’ Little did I know that he kept thinking that too. But our faces kept getting closer and closer and we started to ‘eskimo kiss’ which means we rubbed noses. Although I seriously doubt that the Eskimos never actually kiss on the lips. Maybe their lips would get stuck together or something because its so cold, I don’t know. Well, folks, you know what happens next. We DID kiss and it was…very different than I was expecting. Our styles were different but we eventually got used to each other and then it was great. And it was also almost 6 am. We said goodnight and he drove home. The next day at church I saw my friend Alan and told him about Aaron and that we kissed on the first date and he said sarcastically, “That’ll last.” Well it has so far.
4 comments:
Cute, cute!! What does Marilla have to do with all this though? I didn't miss something spinsterish, or something about you guys deciding to adopt an orphan did I?
I actually met Aaron for the first time on that date - when you went back to the house you came inside for a bit. And I of course was there, hanging with Kurt. I totally remember because he mentioned how many of Aarons friends were already friends with you and I noted to Kurt how completely into you he seemed. We both could tell you were both already smitten - it was obvious. I couldn't believe it was your first date. This is a wonderful story.
I had forgotten that you kissed on the first date. I just finished writing my latest Terrence and I made fun of people who kiss on the first date, not unlike Alan's reaction at church. Just so you know, it wasn't pointed directly at you. More at everybody else.
Yeah, and Kent had only kissed 2 girls before me as well...and don't worry about this story being long, it's the story of your life! It should be long, otherwise your life would be boring and lame and nothing to speak of.
Post a Comment