Monday, June 23, 2008

The Blessed Event...Pun intended

Sometimes I write future blogs in my head, but then by the time I actually get to it, of course I don't remember anything I 'wrote.' Also, I tried to post LESS (can you believe it!) because I want more comments and I think that people don't read posts as well when there are so many of them. Ah, so glad I got that off my chest!


So, Sunday was a big day for us. We blessed Will! We did it in our BYU ward which we have been attending, despite living in Lehi since Aaron was the Elder's Quorem president and stuff. So anyway, we invited all our family in the area (except I spaced it and forgot to invite my Grandma...sorry!) and a lot of them showed up. Aaron did a good job with the blessing and we both were emotional...what can I say, it's part of being a proud parent. Will wore the outfit that Aaron wore when he was blessed as a baby and Libbie, my mother-in-law, knitted it. So it was pretty cool. Afterwards we had a lunch at the house in Lehi and quite a few people showed up and the whole time I was trying to get Will to take a nap, which he refused to do for the whole day and was incredibly cranky.
He's been going through some sort of growth spurt or something because it seems like he's always hungry. But I'm trying to do some 'feeding' training because we've gotten in the habit of feeding more often and not very much, like 2 ounces at a time. So I've been trying to stretch out time in between feeding and feeding him more at a time. It's worked today at least.
Anyway, later on Sunday we went to my parent's house for my birthday dinner (my birthday is on Thursday folks, don't forget!) which I got to eat cold because I was upstairs BEGGING Will to take a nap while everyone ate downstairs. But it was fun because my sister came in on Saturday from Dallas with her family and they were there and then my Aunt Sally showed up so we visited with her as well.
This week is going to be pretty busy as well since after all, it is my birthday. Plus my cousin Mark is getting married so I'll be attending all the wedding festivities. I'm excited because it's Aaron's last week of work (for 4 years) and our second-to-last week in Utah and it's just going to be crazy. So in the meantime I'll be trying to get in some workouts and sleep and other essential nonsense.
As for William, sleeping has gotten better, believe it or not. Two nights ago he woke up at 12:45 for a feeding, afterwhich he went right to sleep until 6 am! And last night he only woke up once at 3 am for a feeding and then slept until 6 again. So we can't get past 6 am, but it's nice to only have to be up once a night for about a half hour, and I don't mind getting up early. He usually takes an early morning nap as well, so I can get in a little more sleep there too. And by the way, he goes to bed at around 8 pm, so he's definitely been sleeping more and better. Anyway, here are some cute pictures of Will
This is one of my favorite pictures of him! Milk face Taking a nap with the dog

7 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

yay some pictures finally! such a cute family and heidi you are looking so good!

Leah said...

So the blessing lunch was a little crazy! It was nice to meet some of your family and I always wanted to see what a BYU ward looked like. (I thought it was something different..I'm an idiot) Anyways cute pictures of Will especially the one with Daisy what a hoot. We should try to workout this week together I get so bored going everyday by myself!

Anonymous said...

I totally think in blog entries now!

Sunnie said...

will is so cute! i wish i could see him, but i think you guys will be gone when we get to utah. glad it all went good. don't you love it when everyone else is downstairs having fun and you're up in the room with the baby? such is the life of a mom!

Katie Torriente: said...

What a cutie! So, you are living by my aunt and uncle now, Linda and Kelly. They live in the house on the corner, next to the 10th hole. Hope all is well your last week in utah and.... Happy birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Heidi!! I hope that you are able to have a fantastic day today. I'm sorry we weren't able to be at your birthday dinner or Will's blessing. It was all my fault! I hope that this next year will be a wonderful one with all of it's adventures and changes.

Tim and Lara said...

Hey, now I can stalk your blog too! Your baby is so cute! Congratulations! Also, good luck in your upcoming move;)