As I sit here with a little over a month left in Utah, I am finding myself feeling a little blue, since the summer is quickly passing by and I just keep waiting for something...the weather to get better, me to not be sick, whatever. If I had a little more money and time, here are all the things I would like to do this summer:
1. Go on vacation: Ideally, I wanted to go to California, but really it would be so fun to go anywhere.
2. Attend the various city festivities, Provo Freedom Festival, Orem Summerfest, Strawberry Days, whatall
3. Hang out with friends more
4. Work out everyday (I started doing this but immediately got sick, which seems to happen every time I start exercising)
And now that I have my wonderful baby boy, I still find myself missing the things that people without children can do
going to IHOP at 1 in the morning with friends
Going on fun vacations like to New York City...I'm so jealous of Becky
Staying up late without feeling anxiety that I'm going to hate myself at 3 am when I have to get up with Will
On a lighter note, here are things that I am looking forward to in Arizona
1. Having my own space, free to walk from the bathroom to the bedroom after a shower without doing the look n' dash
2. Having my own kitchen, where I can put stuff in the places that I know where everything is
3. Grocery shopping! Isn't that weird? I really miss making a list that corresponds with my meal plans and having all the foods that I like at my disposal
4. Going along with number 3, I am very excited to start cooking again. I have always enjoyed cooking (at least, as long as I have been married) and while it was so great to have a break, I like having the control of what we're having for dinner and trying new recipes and whatnot. I plan on cooking a lot more in Arizona because I will have a much bigger kitchen and a dishwasher and a stove that isn't from the 60's.
5. Surprisingly...going back to a small apartment. I went from a dinky apartment to living in a big house and I actually find myself missing the intimacy of smaller rooms and how the bedrooms and other rooms are so close to each other.
Well that's enough for now. I am sick and have a headache so I'm going to finish watching this movie and go to bed.
3 comments:
Great Bruce quote. Where's Ralph on his comments? Does he even know what a blog is?
You don't like the 60's oven? :) Shocker! We're glad to leave ours behind too.
I didn't even know you guys were moving! Abe doesn't tell me anything...at least you are moving somewhere warm and still fairly close to UT. We are going all the way across the country and the only thing different about the weather there is that there is 100 times more humidity!
Post a Comment