Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And that's World in a Minute!

In less than three weeks, I will be heading on the road to a better life...
Okay, so who knows if it will be a better life, but it will be a different life. And a new exciting adventure in the life of Aaron and Heidi (and Will.) It really will be an adventure though because Aaron and I have never had to live very far away from our families in our entire marriage. No more Sunday dinners or deciding whose house to go to. Actually, it will be kind of nice to spend Sundays at home and not have to go anywhere. Until Aaron gets called as the Elder's Quorum President and is gone all day.
It is a little hard to believe I only have three weeks left. I've lived in Utah my whole life. But don't you worry, I have plenty to keep my busy during the last three weeks. For example:
Yesterday was a day of fun. Will got his first immunization shots...this was not the funnest experience. We had to wait forever for the doctor and Will was very fussy. After the doctor came and went, we were again left waiting for the nurse to come give the shots and Will threw a royal tantrum. Probably the first really bad crying spell that he's had and I couldn't calm him down. Finally he calmed down and started going to sleep and then the nurse came in with five, count em' five needles. Poor kid! It broke my heart as I watched his innocent little face cringe in pain again and again and the wails of crying get louder and louder. Well, it was over quickly and then he went right to sleep. It actually wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't had that tantrum.
Next: Today we all went to the temple to be with my sister-in-law Leah as she got her endowments taken out (she's a convert.) It was a really great experience for all of us and afterwards we ate dinner at Los Hermanos. Except that Aaron couldn't be at the restaurant because...
Tonight Aaron is at a CPR class. He is required to take this class before he goes to dental school because as we all know, dental patients are always passing out right and left. Unfortunately he signed up for World's Longest CPR class which means 5 hours of class two nights a week. Sheesh! How long can someone stand there pushing down on a dummy and fake breathing into its mouth? Plus he had to pay $80 to go to it.
And to look forward to? My sister is coming this weekend from Dallas, my birthday is next week along with my cousin's wedding, and the following week is the fourth of July and Aaron will be quitting his job! And then of course comes the BIG MOVE, preceded by a brief family reunion. Whew! It's a lot and I'm sure there will be a lot more stuff in the in-betweens.

2 comments:

Kent said...

The Big Move out of Utah for the first time. It's a great time to find out what you really like and learn a new area. You guys should have a great time.

Leah said...

Ah.. moving will be fun! It's a new experience and I know it'll probably be tough at first but new adventures are fun! Poor Will! I heard about that before dinner yesterday! If you give them tylenol right before it's not as bad! Isn't it funny how life is so much less boring now that we have babies!