Part Three: The Next Day Regrets
On July 21st, 2005, I went to work as usual. Once I got there, the scary Kandice urged me over to her desk to discuss this phone call. From this conversation, I learned a few things: 1) Kandice was still intimidating, but not scary. 2) who exactly Aaron was, and 3) that all the things I thought about him calling me were wrong. When Kandice described who Aaron was, I was pretty sure she was referring to this guy who I had written off earlier, but I was excited because hey, he was still hot and I never would have thought a guy like him would have been interested in a girl like me. But we would soon learn that it could never work out…you see we were both from two very different worlds…oh wait, this isn’t ‘West Side Story’ or ‘Grease’ or any other Broadway Musical that involves that type of forbidden love story.
Anyway, after I found out who exactly (finger air quotes) “Aaron” was, I felt sad that I had said no to him and worried that I had ruined my chances with a guy who had actually asked ME out for a change (I am very impatient and usually didn’t waste much time making some sort of date happen with guys I was interested in.) Every time someone walked in the office that day, I nearly had a heart attack wondering if it was Aaron. Additionally, I kept getting nervous every time I saw Kandice, thinking about how she was pretty much my passage to getting another date with Aaron. Finally, being the impatient woman that I was, I got up the nerve to approach Kandice again and tell her to mention to him that I wanted him to ask me out again. It was a little like junior high, except that I was a giant nerdbag in junior high and never ‘went out’ with anyone.
Kandice instant messaged Aaron and told her about what I said and asked her to come over (by the way, he worked in a different room, which is why he wasn’t always in the room with me) and introduce himself. He eventually came over and introduced himself, which I don’t actually remember much about because I was so excited and trying not to wet myself. Why was I already developing such a major crush on this guy? Probably because he was the cutest guy I had ever had interested in me and he was so mysterious. Also it had been a dull summer and I was desperate for drama.
2 comments:
Love it! keep it coming. I remember first meeting Aaron at Tracie's house, I could tell right away he was cuckoo for Heidi, and only gonna get more so.
No lesson here.
I find it amazing that you and Aaron could bridge the cultural gaps of Lindon and Orem and somehow be together in this world of racism and religious wars.
Post a Comment