Well, another birthday has come and gone. A special thanks to my dear sweet sister and her friends for shlepping their kids over to my house to celebrate.



The night before I went to the Olive Garden with my friends to celebrate. For my birthday, I got some clothes and girly stuff like lotions and whatnot. I also got new glasses and a Chi flat iron which is awesome. Although don't judge it by how my hair looks in these pictures. My hub woke me up on my birthday (after Will gave me the wonderful present of sleeping until 8 am!) and gave me three cards and a bunch of candy. Then he went to work and I did a bunch of errands for our apartment in Mesa, which we ran into some problems with and hopefully are getting sorted out. Then my sister and her friends and all their kids (11 in all) came over with food and cake and their swimming gear. We ate and sang and then went swimming. Great fun. Later that night Aaron and I went to my cousin's wedding dinner in Salt Lake. There I found out that my cousin Mark is marrying into a family full of NFL players (Ryan Denney and Doug Jolley)

I felt a little silly asking them to pose for this picture, but I wanted to show my sports fan brother Kurt. I said to them 'my brother really loves football' but they were probably picturing this 10-year-old kid or something, not my 26-year-old brother. The dinner was nice. The next day was the wedding in the Salt Lake temple. I went to the sealing and then that night to the reception at the Grand America hotel. Mark looked very happy and his new wife, Amy, looked very beautiful. I also loved her bouquet (but of course I notice these things being in the wedding flower industry.)


We were able to meet L. Tom Perry there and got a picture with him. His wife is related to Amy's family somehow. Will was especially excited to meet him, as you can tell. He got all flustered and jammed his fist in his mouth. But L. Tom was very gracious and didn't say anything about it.

My sister, her husband Mark, and their baby Max made it to the reception as well.



And Will met some of his second cousins. What fun!


It was a very tiring two days. And now we only have about 8 more days left in Utah, so we're going to make the most of it!
2 comments:
Actually, I just wanted to see how big they were.
And my suspicions were correct. I'm huger.
Terrific reporting Heidi. Thanks for going!
Post a Comment